Any vet to recommended in PJ area for indian star tortoise?

LiLian.S

Location (City and/or State)
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Hi there.. I just got a baby star indian tortoise last 2 weeks... I think he is sick and would like to take him to a vet. Any recommendation for vet in PJ area and may I roughly know roughly how much it will cost?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome from Florida U.S.A.
Hopefully we have another member close by you and they will see your post. The cost would be #1 For the initial consultation and #2 if treatment is given.
It could vary by a lot.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'd go back to "Introductions" and place a new post saying that you are looking for other members that are nearby your specific location.
We are from all over the world. Most of us know nothing about finding a vet in Malaysia.
Are you sure you need a vet?
What is wrong with your animal?

LiLian.S

My star tortoise was closing his eye all the time and sometime i found there's bubble coming out from his nose. He will only eat after a soak where his eye is open. He will closed his eye and walk.

LiLian.S

Hi there.. I just got a baby star indian tortoise last 2 weeks... I think he is sick and would like to take him to a vet. Any recommendation for vet in PJ area and may I roughly know roughly how much it will cost?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm so sorry to hear your baby is ill. In the meantime, until someone from your area reads here and responds, place your baby into a shallow tub of warm water and allow him to soak there for about a half hour. Do this every day.

Also, if you post pictures of your baby's habitat, we may be able to give you some pointers on why your baby got sick in the first place.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Bingo.
I can't believe I didn't ask about the bulb sooner.
That bulb and the general lack of humidity are the primary things.
Replace the light with another style and moisten the substrate. Also soak as previously mentioned.That light has caused something like a sunburn on it's eyes. You will see him improve soon if you turn it off now.
Pet stores all over the world sell that type of light and it is bad news for a tortoise.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ideally you want to replace the substrate with something that will hold some humidity. Like some mulch and soil. Not sand. I can only guess what is available to you. And I would purchase a MERCURY VAPOR LAMP. Otherwise known as a MVP as well as a reflector/holder that is rated for the amount of heat.
Yes. Water spray will work.