Anyone in san diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicasully

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Anyone know where i can get hibiscus, rose or mulberry from that is ready for my sullies to eat? Or does anyone have cutting so i could start my own? I was thinking about getting them and waiting but i would like to start feeding now Thanks

jessicasully

5 Year Member
San Diego
Does anyone know where i can get rose, hibiscus or mulberry plants that are ready to feed my sullies? Or does anyone have cuttings that i could buy from you so i wouldnt have to wait so long to start feeding

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Lakeside, California
I am in San Diego but I just cut back all my roses and hibiscus plants. I should have some in a month or two. I will have mulberry over the summer that you can have. My rental has a great tree in the yard that I have to cut all the time.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Just buy the hibiscus & rose from HD or just about any nursery now, and wait until about summer to feed. That's what I do.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi,

I moved here in January, and I have ot seen many Mulberry around at all. This is not based on a casual look see, I have a good search image for it, as I have often fed lots of it to many species, both in my personal collection and when I've worked in zoos.

If there is some abundance somewhere I'd like to hear about that too. I'll throw in pruning too, next spring or this spring, it's still not too late.

Will

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
GOD! I miss San Diego! I lived in Lakeside, as well L82! It is illegal to have mulberry plants shipped from other states...I presume it has to do with the fruit flies...but who knows! There are several GREAT nurseries that sell Chaparral mulberries. These produce no fruit at all! They go dormant from October to March! But they yield a ton of big fat leaves...and they only grow to about 12 feet.

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Lakeside, California
Will said:
Hi,

I moved here in January, and I have ot seen many Mulberry around at all. This is not based on a casual look see, I have a good search image for it, as I have often fed lots of it to many species, both in my personal collection and when I've worked in zoos.

If there is some abundance somewhere I'd like to hear about that too. I'll throw in pruning too, next spring or this spring, it's still not too late.

Will

I may take you up on the help with pruning offer. It's a fruitless Mulberry I assume that is okay? My neighbor also has two huge trees in his yard I can always ask if he will donate some branches?

jessicasully

5 Year Member
San Diego
L82lalaland said:
I am in San Diego but I just cut back all my roses and hibiscus plants. I should have some in a month or two. I will have mulberry over the summer that you can have. My rental has a great tree in the yard that I have to cut all the time.

ok thanks thank sounds good

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
turtletortoisefarmer said:
hi guys will mulberry grow here in ky, and how big do they get.thanks

Yes. There are species that grow in Kentucky. How big they get will depend on the species. A local nursery should be able to help you pick the right one for what you want to do,

Status
Not open for further replies.