In southeastern NC looking for a sulcata tortoise

courtney090

Location (City and/or State)
Whiteville, nc
Hey all I am between Wilmington, NC and Myrtle Beach, SC and I have been researching and am ready to get my own sulcata tortoise. Does anyone know anyone looking to re-home near me? Or know where I could start looking?

courtney090

Whiteville, nc
Welcome to the forum
CRAIGSLIST usually gets pretty good results. Although you'll have to weed out the idiots.
I just went there and searched sulcata tortoises and African spurred tortoise and added in some other words and finally found one post when I searched just sulcata. Not sure why/what or if I'm doing it wrong idk

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
When you go on CL go into the section that says community. It there scroll down and you should set where it says pets, click on that. That's where you should find of the tortoises that are listed.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey all I am between Wilmington, NC and Myrtle Beach, SC and I have been researching and am ready to get my own sulcata tortoise. Does anyone know anyone looking to re-home near me? Or know where I could start looking?
Why have you chosen this species? How will you house a giant tropical reptile during your cold winters? They need a huge area to walk around, but it needs to be no lower than 80 degrees day and night?

Sulcatas have great personalities, but if you don't live somewhere warm and sunny, they are exceedingly difficult to house.
z5buxv2twye11 (1).jpg