Aquatic Turtle Enclosure (breeding setups?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Here's a video that shows my Medium Waterland in use with a pond pump and bucket filter system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3gtNremPrM

Here is a blog post I wrote showing my outdoor, above ground pond and the nesting box that I built for it. Hopefully I will be able to make a video of that soon, as it looks a lot nicer right now, full of plants both in the water and in the egg laying area. You can build this indoors as well, in which case all of the security measures wouldn't be as needed.

http://theturtleroom.com/blog/2012/05/11/building-a-nest-box-for-above-ground-ponds/

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Yeah the outdoor one would be cool to get some video footage of, also what pump are you running to the bucket and what filtration material is in the bucket?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
I can't remember the gph on the pump, but it is much stronger than I need. I actually could downgrade it. It might be 5-700 gph. The bucket has plastic shower loofahs and carbon.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
I put a nylon bag of it under where the water enters the bucket. Not too much really, but almost all the water that enters the bucket passes thru it. I also use similar filter setups for three other juvenile enclosures.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
It seems pretty full proof!!!! Are there any other filters that you like, i'm not a big fan of canister filters for turtles tanks.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Like the DIY PVC canisters? if so what size PVC did you use...and what problems did you have with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.