Are these safe, Recommended for Indian Stars??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanu303

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
mushrooms,
sweet potato,
yellow squash
bell peppers,
pumpkin,
capsicum,

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
i need help on this please....

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
arotester said:
They are all safe and good to feed (i would recommend putting sweet potato in microwave for some time and then feed them,torts love them that way).Just don't feed them frequently.
Also,i am not sure about the capsicum Capsicum according to "the tortoise table"

mushroom are okay for indian star? what kind of mushroom? may i feed my tort daily?

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
@Jhongsen that's what confuses me...... if mushrooms are safe then what kind of mushrooms...... we'll get our answers from an experienced member sooner or later :)

arotester

5 Year Member
I guess any mushroom used in kitchen is edible to torts.(We especially get the small brown ones from the grocery stores)

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Thanks Arotester :) i'll search for them in the nearest grocery store.... one more question... is mogra leaves safe to feed ? it's "Jasminum sambac" .... i know the flowers are safe in moderation but what about the leaves ???

arotester

5 Year Member
shanu303 said:
Thanks Arotester :) i'll search for them in the nearest grocery store.... one more question... is mogra leaves safe to feed ? it's "Jasminum sambac" .... i know the flowers are safe in moderation but what about the leaves ???

Jasmine Leaves are said to be toxic when eaten a lot but occasional nibble won't do any harm.I do feed winter jasmine to mine sometimes when i run out of options.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Baby Portabellas are best as 'everyday'... White buttons are 'ok' but i usually dust those with their mix... But my kids eat any safe edible ones. Theyre fun to grow....

Status
Not open for further replies.