Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
1 year old:

R4Prcpd.jpg

Sorry I missed a couple months, but had a few issues to deal with.

Anyway, 563 grams at 1 year. Things have been going better lately and I think I'll try to stick it out. I'm in the process of building a winter enclosure right now. She's still small enough where I have plenty of room inside to take care of that. :)

Hope all the same folks are around and doing well. I'll try to check in more often.

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Loved seeing all the new growth month after month. Your Leopard Tortoise looks phenomenal and is growing exceptionally fast! This is TLC, amazing job!

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
What is the current straight length? A photo lined up with a ruler or measuring tape would help.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
What a beauty! And what a good tortie keeper you are!

Ann from CT

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Thanks, Laura. Baoh I have calipers and I'll get the measurements tomorrow after work. Meant to do it the other day but couldn't find them.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
lushcious said:
Wow, your leo grows at like double the rate than my leo! Amazing growths.

Same here - now I'm worried about mine. Mine hatched in Nov 2012 and is still not even 3 inches. What's wrong? Am I not feeding him enough???

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Re: RE: Babcocki leopard growth progress...

gieseygirly said:
lushcious said:

Same here - now I'm worried about mine. Mine hatched in Nov 2012 and is still not even 3 inches. What's wrong? Am I not feeding him enough???

Don't worry! :) all tortoises grow at different rates depending on numerous factors. Mine for instance started off reeeeeeally slowly and is now sprouting nicely.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
LeopardTortLover said:
gieseygirly said:
lushcious said:

Don't worry! :) all tortoises grow at different rates depending on numerous factors. Mine for instance started off reeeeeeally slowly and is now sprouting nicely.

Thanks for the reassurance. Mine must be the slowest grower ever....sheesh.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Thanks, Jason. I find scl measurements to be most comparable on a large scale, although tracking density is probably something I should look at more closely, too, given the value it can provide.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Still kickin'. lol. Hope everyone's torts are still doing well. Here's the length. I'm still having a hard time holding these calipers and taking a pic, but it's 5 3/4".

qZ2zl6Z.jpg

I'll try to get some outdoor pics soon. I noticed her activity level has spiked within the past couple months. No more sleeping all the time.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Nice, nice, nice. Remember in school, there was always a big giant kid, who grew into a big giant adult. I think that's what you have here.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
I guess time will tell how big she gets. The growth rate only seems to be accelerating.

I'd like to thank all the people who offered to help adopt her. As of now things are going better, but if I officially decide she needs a new home, I know who to contact. :)

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Okay, I just fell on the floor. You are adopting your tortoise out? That came out of left field on this thread. If it's a TFO person it will be fine but it still blew me away. On to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.