Babies! Babies!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's interesting to note that all the eggs (except for the dud) in one container hatched while none of the eggs in the other container has even started pipping yet. Both containers are the same clutch of eggs. Which leads me to believe that one pipping starts all the eggs going. I'm pretty sure if I had put a pipping egg in the other container it would have started the hatching process in that container too. Next time I'm going to do that.

leopard hatch 6-12-16.jpg

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
It's interesting to note that all the eggs (except for the dud) in one container hatched while none of the eggs in the other container has even started pipping yet. Both containers are the same clutch of eggs. Which leads me to believe that one pipping starts all the eggs going. I'm pretty sure if I had put a pipping egg in the other container it would have started the hatching process in that container too. Next time I'm going to do that.

View attachment 177083
Would be very interesting to find out. How exciting though!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Congratulations!

Who are the parents?

None of the 3 clutches of eggs from the SA were fertile. One by one the eggs are exploding and no growth at all inside. Just last night she deposited another clutch in the ground. So I have two in cold storage right now...one for two weeks.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
None of the 3 clutches of eggs from the SA were fertile. One by one the eggs are exploding and no growth at all inside. Just last night she deposited another clutch in the ground. So I have two in cold storage right now...one for two weeks.
I was wondering if you had had any luck with the PP eggs. Hopefully this go round yields better results. In the meantime enjoy those beautiful babcocki babies!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield

View attachment 177083
Nice one Yvonne. It will be interesting to see when one does pip in the other tub to see if they all pip together too.
Out of the eggs that have hatched, were the eggs touching each other.
They look perfect btw.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
How exciting. Beautiful!! How much does a newly hatched Leopard normally weight?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice one Yvonne. It will be interesting to see when one does pip in the other tub to see if they all pip together too.
Out of the eggs that have hatched, were the eggs touching each other.
They look perfect btw.

Yes. It was a tight squeeze in that little tub.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How exciting. Beautiful!! How much does a newly hatched Leopard normally weight?

That's much to scientific for me. I don't do any studies or anything like that. I put my finger in the vermiculite to see if I need to add water, and that's about it.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That's much to scientific for me. I don't do any studies or anything like that. I put my finger in the vermiculite to see if I need to add water, and that's about it.
sometimes simpler is the better way to go