baby hermann's enclosure finished!!!

Alex and the Redfoot

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
hey guys! i tried and ordered the attached bulb and i put it in and after minutes it just went out and stopped working. everytime i put it in again the same. so i decided to put in my zoomed 10.0 again and it worked for a few days and now this one isnt working either. is it possible that the t5 reflector is broken or is it possible for a 10.0 uvb to be broken after just using it for less than 2 months?

also since now only one is working, is it enough light for my tort? it does spread iver the dark side too but its still a bit dark there but most importantly the one next to the heating lamp works so thats good

thanks
There can be a problem with electronics in the fixture itself (there is a component called ballast). You can check, if it's a trouble with a fixture by placing supposedly broken Reptisun tube in the working fixture.

Don't put LED tube in the working fixture. I'll check if there are compatibility issues and such first.

theodorejr

Austria
hey guys its me again!

I wanted to ask if the pyramiding got worse or if its still maybe from the previous owner..?
as u can see in this thread his humidity and lighting should be okay so i dont know what i do wrong :( i soke him daily too.. here's pictures from when i got him vs now...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
hey guys its me again!

I wanted to ask if the pyramiding got worse or if its still maybe from the previous owner..?
as u can see in this thread his humidity and lighting should be okay so i dont know what i do wrong :( i soke him daily too.. here's pictures from when i got him vs now...
It’s so tricky to tell from the picture angles, but I’m inclined to say no it doesn’t look worse, it appears to me it’s just the previous pyramiding levelling out🙂

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
is this alright?
Yeah those angles are better! I personally don’t think it’s getting worse, to me it just looks like the previous pyramiding, any growth that’s taken place since looks more levelled out imo which is good! they’re still pretty small so it can be tricky to tell for certain, but I really don’t think you have anything to worry about😊looking a happy and healthy baby🐢💚
F9444955-397D-4F4F-A8AF-91E1B6A7982F.jpeg

theodorejr

Austria
Yeah those angles are better! I personally don’t think it’s getting worse, to me it just looks like the previous pyramiding, any growth that’s taken place since looks more levelled out imo which is good! they’re still pretty small so it can be tricky to tell for certain, but I really don’t think you have anything to worry about😊looking a happy and healthy baby🐢💚
View attachment 379862
ok thank you so much for calming me down 🤣🤣 i cant wait for him to grow more ~~