baby leopard sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
FYI the white goo is urates, that is how they pass urine.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Good Luck
It sounds like you are doing well with him -soaking eating a little etc
Changing the UV-I made the same mistake and thankfully switched it off very soon after starting to use the coil bulb( after following advice on this forum)

Thanks to this forum we are all learning!

Good luck on Friday with the vet visit-hoping all is well soon

dmmj said:
FYI the white goo is urates, that is how they pass urine.

dmmj
Could he be describing the jelly type poop you see when a tortoise hasn't eaten in a long time? Just wondered as I had sick babies once that passed that on arrival and then slowly it turned into normal poop consistency once the appetite was improved?

I see the urates thing too with the Hermanns babies.

love my reptiles

5 Year Member
miami, fl
ok thanks dmmj for the information im glad your an expert at this. i thought this was a place to learn not get attitude from a vet!!!. and thankyou louise for being kind and explaining it to me not being rude! and i guess my sulcata passes his urine a different way because he pees normally like any other animal

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
love my reptiles said:
hi my friends um well i've been soaking him in water mix with squash and he like to drink it. i wish he would eat the mazuri but for some reason he pays no attention to it. im leaving now to go buy a light fixture and a bulb of the long type of uvb. i stopped force feeding him yesterday. and when he's popped the last time its no longer little white goo it now looks like poop little black and a lot more than he use to poop. thank you

btw can some one tell me what would be a good substrate? i have mine in timothy hay.

Maybe try the new red tort stick, I heard Zoo use them... maybe the red color will help get him to eat.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-JUS-ORDERED-THE-NEW-RED-TORT-STICKS#axzz1SghapMfn

Here link to more info about them

Status
Not open for further replies.