Baby Sulcata barely growing, doesn't eat grass

Barajcam/ Whilma

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
My sulcata is 3 years old and is only 4 inches long and doesn’t graze on grass like most sulcatas she eats a lot and doesn’t seem to lose appetite she has an outdoor habitat and has grown alittle over the year but is there anything I can do to help her start grazing on grass and help her back to proper growth like most sulcatas because I know she should be a lot bigger by now

Reptilony

QC, CAN
My sulcata is 3 years old and is only 4 inches long and doesn’t graze on grass like most sulcatas she eats a lot and doesn’t seem to lose appetite she has an outdoor habitat and has grown alittle over the year but is there anything I can do to help her start grazing on grass and help her back to proper growth like most sulcatas because I know she should be a lot bigger by now

Do you have a picture? What does she eat if not grass?

Barajcam/ Whilma

Texas
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg she eats a lot of hibiscus flowers and leaves other flowers, succulents, greens, tamatos, and occasional fruits very active and no sign of sickness she just isn’t growing well

Reptilony

QC, CAN

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Do you feed any calcium rich foods or calcium powder or any other stuff that's rich in calcium? Does it get enough uvb from sun or uvb tube or bulb?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Have you read these:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Check these out and then let us know what is different in your enclosure and care routine.

Is the enclosure warm and humid? Do you keep the tortoise indoors or out? What size enclosure?

Barajcam/ Whilma

Texas
Yes she is 3 years old I got her in 2016 I have her in a 50 gallon tank indoors and a large space in the back yard I use a 26 watt uvb and a 75 Wyatt heat lamp both are higher off the tank and little humidity

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Yes she is 3 years old I got her in 2016 I have her in a 50 gallon tank indoors and a large space in the back yard I use a 26 watt uvb and a 75 Wyatt heat lamp both are higher off the tank and little humidity
Seal that 50g, put in a humidity absorbing substrate like fir bark or coco coir, pour some water in there and mix with your hands, don't let temps go below 80 at any place, don't let her spend too much time outside as even if she's 3 yo she's the size of a couple months old. That's my advice to you, I think you are gonna have to treat her like a baby until she really grows...

Barajcam/ Whilma

Texas
Seal that 50g, put in a humidity absorbing substrate like fir bark or coco coir, pour some water in there and mix with your hands, don't let temps go below 80 at any place, don't let her spend too much time outside as even if she's 3 yo she's the size of a couple months old. That's my advice to you, I think you are gonna have to treat her like a baby until she really grows...
Thank you for your help really appreciate it