Baby sulcata

Nathan hawkey

Hello everyone I'm new on here I want to know I just got a baby sulcata do any of you know how long it will be till it's the size of a box turtle

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Here's my sulcata . He was two inches when I got him father's day 2013 .

Attachments

• 1419556938436.jpg
    1419556938436.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 43

Nathan hawkey

As of right now I can't post a pic but right now he is about 2 and a half inches it gots news paper down and grass

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
As of right now I can't post a pic but right now he is about 2 and a half inches it gots news paper down and grass
sulcatas need lots of humidity, there substrate should be moist. lack of humidity in a tortoises environment(enclosure) can can pyramiding. the first pic is a sulcata raised in high humidity and the second was raised in low humidity.

Unknown.jpeg Picture130.jpg

Nathan hawkey

I do it once a day sometimes more what kind of bedding would be best I'm told a lot of different things about the babies and beddings

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Nathan, and welcome to the forum!

What you learn from reading the pinned threads at the top of our Sulcata section, may be quite a bit different from what you've heard from other places. What we try to teach you is new, cutting edge information. It has been tried and it is true. We have done the experimentation, so you can learn from our mistakes. So, read the pinned threads with an open mind, and just forget everything you've been told or read.