Baby tort noise

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Welcome to the forum. What are the temperatures in the enclosure? Is it an open or closed top?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello and welcome! A hatching like this really needs to be in a closed chamber set up, hopefully this thread below can help🙂

Nikkiinico17

Texas
thanks for the info ..... I'm going to assume my original question not being answered means it's a harmless thing torts do 👍🏼

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
thanks for the info ..... I'm going to assume my original question not being answered means it's a harmless thing torts do 👍🏼
Sometimes they can make a clicking type noise with their tongue when they eat lol, a video would be handy to see exactly what it is yours is doing, you have to upload to another source like YouTube, then link it🙂

_The_Beast_

Canada
I have a baby hermanns and notice he makes a noise almost like two rocks clinking together .... its not with every bite of food or every time he opens his mouth BUT he does it a lot. He eats fine and I'm just curious if it's normal. View attachment 377352
Few questions: Do you have a video of it with audio and are there any nose bubbles? Are they pooping and peeing regularly during their daily soak?

Super cute picture, thank you for sharing it!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We hear this a lot, so I have to assume it's normal. We mostly hear from people with redfooted tortoises that the animal makes a clicking sound when it opens its mouth. If you watch closely to see if there is anything in the way of his opening his mouth, and you can't see anything, then I'm thinking it's ok and maybe he'll outgrow it.