backyard pond update

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
That's a nice looking pond.
I placed a very small (Maybe 4.5") RES in mine and haven't seen him even once. My wife said she has.
My koi have laid waste to my lilies. They were full of blooms and nice and healthy. Now, no blooms and ragged leaves.
But I see you have other plant options. I just added water lettuce and some duck weed.I hope that they will chow on them instead.
I hope you fair better.:)

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Very nice looking setup. I love your female spotted turtle. They are so personable and curious.

Just a note for reference... Both the terrapin and the spotted can wander away from the pond as weather changes and cools, to find a spot and dig in for the winter in wet soil. They can be almost impossible to find when they do that. Some stay in the pond dug into roots of a water plant, but some dig in on land.

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
you are totally right....the first time they did that i thought they either escaped or some predators got them. i turned my whole backyard upside down and found nothing. couple days later i see them swimming again.
now i dont even bother to track them anymore

Very nice looking setup. I love your female spotted turtle. They are so personable and curious.

Just a note for reference... Both the terrapin and the spotted can wander away from the pond as weather changes and cools, to find a spot and dig in for the winter in wet soil. They can be almost impossible to find when they do that. Some stay in the pond dug into roots of a water plant, but some dig in on land.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Beautiful pond. What kind of filter do you use?

richosullivan

10 Year Member!
Orlando

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Gorgeous pond!!!! :<3:
And I definitely have turtle/terrapin envy!!!!! :):<3: