Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Just to clear up any confusion, I wasn't curious as to the why, just if you mods you know say hey watch hit or else, or if you just wake up in a bad mood one day and decide to ban people :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
terryo said:
Greg said he has no idea why he was banned. ????

Oh, he knows. He might just be saving face.

dmmj said:
Just to clear up any confusion, I wasn't curious as to the why, just if you mods you know say hey watch hit or else, or if you just wake up in a bad mood one day and decide to ban people :)

I'm real good with the banning button, and very quick on the draw. Did you have something nice to say about me? (rubs hands together)

dmmj said:
I just have a question do you mods who do the banning at least tell the person why they were banned?

In Greg's case, he was asked to explain why a certain thing happened and he chose to not respond.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
I will be speaking with Greg on Thursday in person. It will be interesting to find out what's what... I can't imagine what the reason would be other than short posts - spammoid, spamesque? He is one of the most polite, personable gentle giants I have ever met.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
Ok I need to know, what is spamming?? I get 'spam' mail in my mailbox is it the same kinda?? And yeah I was 'banned' a long time ago too by mistake but Josh cleared it up for me.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Spam is unsolicited email/PM/threads/posts for commercial purposes. In this case we aren't talking about spam but possible hacking of some accounts that include Greg's. That's as much as I want to divulge before talking with Greg.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
emysemys said:
You can all stop wondering. He's been banned for real. We'll leave it up to him if he wants to tell anyone why. I sent him an email and he never responded.

I pm'd him and he emailed me back. :(

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
Basically his feelings were hurt I guess, I forwarded Josh's request to him, but he seems uninterested in clearing it up. I think he doesn't really understand what its all about, not real tech savvy.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
He's a very easy guy to find/get ahold of...maybe he saw he was banned and said to hell with it.

mike1011

5 Year Member
He recently changed his e-mail, perhaps that change occured around the same time of the banning,hence the no response? Then after some time of not knowing why some feelings got hurt? Just thinking

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I hope things get worked out. I enjoyed his posts. He had a lot of good things to say.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Marty, you are sooo funny!!! Just come right out and ask right??
I have a question, you say you can see who is banned. How?
I have seen a few posts with a line through their name, is that banned? But they were able to post.
Thanks Just curious.
Nay

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, Greg made it a bigger deal than it really was. If he had contacted Josh and explained it would have been water under the bridge. Josh has opened up the moderator thread where he told us what happened:

(link deleted by Yvonne)

I'm sorry. I guess the thread isn't open to the public afterall. Its under TFO discussion and I thought it was open to everyone, but I guess not.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I tried to look at the link Yvonne posted and it yelled at me. Well not really, but I didn't get to see anything about banned and it said I was trying to access something I shouldn't. I hope I don't get banned. I wasn't trying to do anything wrong. I am just nosey:)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i dont have permission to open..

prob best to let it go.. he isnt a crminal.. if he wants to fess up to what he did for his Ego or whatever..
then fine, otherwise.. this to shall pass...
:)
sorry to see him go tho.. those were some nice pics... I assume they WERE his pics?!

Status
Not open for further replies.