Bat Guano ok?

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Napa, Ca
I'm getting ready to plant trays of tortoise mix for Mo (adding clover trays eventually). They will rotate through his enclosure for grazing. Is organic soil with bat guano ok? I've read mixed reviews. Just wondering if anyone here has had first-hand experience with it?

Does anyone here grow plants in their tort's indoor enclosures and if so, what soil do you use?

Thanks!
Kev

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just use plain potting soil. The plants will sprout and be good enough size to graze on without any fuss at all.
usually, when the tops get eaten, the plants will grow back several times again if removed and allowed to do so.

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Napa, Ca
I just use plain potting soil. The plants will sprout and be good enough size to graze on without any fuss at all.
usually, when the tops get eaten, the plants will grow back several times again if removed and allowed to do so.

Thanks for the input.

Oh, and, Go Vols!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm getting ready to plant trays of tortoise mix for Mo (adding clover trays eventually). They will rotate through his enclosure for grazing. Is organic soil with bat guano ok? I've read mixed reviews. Just wondering if anyone here has had first-hand experience with it?

Does anyone here grow plants in their tort's indoor enclosures and if so, what soil do you use?

Thanks!
Kev

Bat guano or chicken guano should be fine. Just make sure there is no perlite or vermiculite. Or "water crystals".