Before soaking and after

Jt93420

When I first adopted Herkimer, a baby DT, I posted his pic and several members suggested that he looked very dry and would benefit from soaking several times a week if not daily. I appreciated the feedback and immediately began a soaking regiment. It has been several weeks now and I feel like he is beginning to look much better but I see him daily so I would appreciate any feedback.....does he look more hydrated than before? Does he look normal like a DT his age should look? ANY useful feedback is appreciated greatly!!! Thanks in advance. image.jpeg
The day I got him. No soaks yet.
image.jpeg
Day 1 again.
image.jpeg
Yesterday. Nearly 1.5 months later. image.jpegToday.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Whoa. The new growth looks MUCH better. What a turn around. Your new routine definitely agrees with this baby. He/She looks fantastic now.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
You can sure see where the "growth area" between the scutes has leveled out . Quite an improvement ! Nice job ! :)

keithsf

5 Year Member
Don't run over your good looking tortoise with that car though! ;)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
When I first adopted Herkimer, a baby DT, I posted his pic and several members suggested that he looked very dry and would benefit from soaking several times a week if not daily. I appreciated the feedback and immediately began a soaking regiment. It has been several weeks now and I feel like he is beginning to look much better but I see him daily so I would appreciate any feedback.....does he look more hydrated than before? Does he look normal like a DT his age should look? ANY useful feedback is appreciated greatly!!! Thanks in advance. View attachment 177664
The day I got him. No soaks yet.
View attachment 177666
Day 1 again.
View attachment 177667
Yesterday. Nearly 1.5 months later. View attachment 177669Today.

I especially enjoyed pic 3, that muscle growth around the jaw along the side up to the top of the head is perfect....that is a sign of a hydrated tortoise and one that is eating well, those muscles are a great indication of health, especially for this species....the shell looked good from the start and still does....the food, soaking, sunshine and so important exercise ...along with your oogling is supporting the tortoise nicely....good stuff...