Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpdhld

5 Year Member
I gave my redfoot jewel her soak today and then put her back in her habitat with fresh food and she walked around till she came to a corner and it looked like she was trying to get out she has never done this be for .... She also tipped her self on back to day which she has never done

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Check your enclosure temps/humidity and if all is aok then maybe you will want to keep an eye on her...if she continues to feel spry then you may need to do a tad bit of remodeling and maybe add some plants around the spots she finds interest in flipping her self at.....they do tend to flip a bit and have random roll overs....lol :D

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
a tort that flips itself is a tragic death waiting to happen.. you will need to work on your indoor and outdoor pens to make sure there is no way she can flip herself directly into a water or heat source. The sun or a heat lamp on a tort that can't move to cool off is a death sentence. The best pens for a "flipper" is one that's circular with no corners to "chimney"

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
I think it is spring and she is "twitter pated" My Tyrone is doing the same thing after being slow and depressed all winter ... Now he is pacing around acting like Cupid shot an arrow in his bee hind!

Check temps like suggested ... It maybe time to give the enclose a remodel .. Move things around for a change!

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Thats so funny
Hope my male gets that feeling soon!!!

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Mine do that sometimes. She probably
Really enjoyed being out for her soak