My jewel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpdhld

5 Year Member
It has been a while since I've been on here! Jewel has been with us since January and we have had a great time getting to know her! When we first got here I was on here worried that she was not getting up and eating.... Boy has that changed! Lol she loves to eat! And the silly tortious thinks she should eat when we eat! When she smelly out food cooking she is up and moving around and if we don't feed her right away she follows us in her cage and will stare us down lol!! I told my hubby about it and said that is how she yells at us he did not believe me that she did it until he was home for a long weekend!

Jewel is funny there is definitely thing that she would rather not eat like the dehydrated bug she hardly ever touches, and chicken she loved it, she pick it out to eat first
What I am wondering is what other protein can she have? Can she eat unseasoned hamburger?
It has been fun watching he develop her personality! She is one silly girl that is sure!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know about hamburger, as I don't own your species. However, I have seen where most will feed boiled eggs for protein.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
A little hamburger is not going to be a big deal, but it is not a good idea for a steady source of meat.

Villy

5 Year Member
SE Mi
jpdhld said:
It has been a while since I've been on here! Jewel has been with us since January and we have had a great time getting to know her! When we first got here I was on here worried that she was not getting up and eating.... Boy has that changed! Lol she loves to eat! And the silly tortious thinks she should eat when we eat! When she smelly out food cooking she is up and moving around and if we don't feed her right away she follows us in her cage and will stare us down lol!! I told my hubby about it and said that is how she yells at us he did not believe me that she did it until he was home for a long weekend!

Jewel is funny there is definitely thing that she would rather not eat like the dehydrated bug she hardly ever touches, and chicken she loved it, she pick it out to eat first
What I am wondering is what other protein can she have? Can she eat unseasoned hamburger?
It has been fun watching he develop her personality! She is one silly girl that is sure!

I just buy the little frozen pinky mice from a local pet store. Tortolla noms the crap out of them. :)

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
My standard source of animal protein is some boiled chicken or a large earthworm. Cheap, healthy, gets the job done.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
I give Sheldon tuna fish the packaged kind when I have it and chicken.
I used to own mice as pets and do not believe in feeding them to animals.
Actually I don't really believe in feeding live anything and worms scare the crap out of me anyway:p
I tried boiled eggs with him but boiled eggs make my tortoise sick.
So I stick with a small amount of tuna and-or chicken mixed with greens just a few times a month.

jpdhld

5 Year Member
DaisyDuke said:
I give Sheldon tuna fish the packaged kind when I have it and chicken.
I used to own mice as pets and do not believe in feeding them to animals.
Actually I don't really believe in feeding live anything and worms scare the crap out of me anyway:p
I tried boiled eggs with him but boiled eggs make my tortoise sick.
So I stick with a small amount of tuna and-or chicken mixed with greens just a few times a month.

Thanks! I'll have to try that and see what she thinks of tuna. I can't believe how finicky she can be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.