Belles extension at last!!!

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Great job, what an improvement!
She's exploring like crazy. It's taken a while to save up for everything but im so pleased the big bit is done. Now I just need to tweak things here and there, add some plants and a hide etc, but ive no idea what would be suitable for a hide

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Nice improvement. Your lamps should be facing straight down instead of at an angle. For a hide you can use a clay or plastic flowerpot on its side or cut in half buried into the substrate. Or a plastic bowl with a hole cut for a doorway.

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Nice improvement. Your lamps should be facing straight down instead of at an angle. For a hide you can use a clay or plastic flowerpot on its side or cut in half buried into the substrate. Or a plastic bowl with a hole cut for a doorway.
Thanks for the tip. I was worried they'd be too close to her if they were straight down. Also, do I need another uv light for this size table? I am getting some proper hanger things from Amazon for them next as ive heard bad things about the spring clamps failing. And where is the best position for a hide, near the heat source or somewhere cool or both? Thank you!! :)

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Light stands work well, I think that's what you're talking about from Amazon. You can put a hide on the warm and and cool and of the table. I would not put one directly under the laws mercury vapor bulb because they're going to sit under there to bask. do you have a temperature gun? They are extremely helpful in knowing what the temperatures are. here is one that I got from Amazon. There are other good ones too.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420481422.877466.jpg What are the dimensions of the table? I think one mercury vapor bulb should do it. you can use a regular lightbulb mostly for light on the other end if you want to so it's not so dark.

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Yes I just had one delivered today, aren't they wonderful! Ive also just got a humidity measurer thing too

katfinlou

5 Year Member
The table is now 47 inches x 25 inches. It used to be 17 inches x 25 inches. Under the uv bulb is 88, under the CHE is 81, mid is 72 and cool is 69. How are these temps?

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Ive no idea lol, ive nothing to compare her to. I think she's quite flat rather than being domed, maybe that's making her look bigger?