View attachment 112924
View attachment 112925

After...
View attachment 112926
View attachment 112927
View attachment 112928
View attachment 112929
View attachment 112930
Still need to sort a hide and it's still very much a work in progress but still a much needed improvement on what we started with!! Any ideas most welcome :)
Your tortoise must be the most looked after tort ever, he's even got sky tv. :) Serious its great and I love your tort.
Can anybody tell me the average life span of a hermanns, my friend has one at 107yrs that has been past down through the family.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Your tortoise must be the most looked after tort ever, he's even got sky tv. :) Serious its great and I love your tort.
Can anybody tell me the average life span of a hermanns, my friend has one at 107yrs that has been past down through the family.
I would love to see a picture of that tortoise and hear about its history. That is the oldest one I have heard about on here.

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Ahh thank you for the lovely compliment :)
Not only does she have sky tv, she also uses her laptop to order things from Amazon... that's where the table extension, slate dining set and plants came from. She's very clever lol :)

katfinlou

5 Year Member
well done you :) , lookin great! how are you finding the humidity meter, working ok?
Thanks johnandjade, it seems to be working ok, goes up when i moisten the soil and goes down as its drying out so it seems ok. Belle is much happier and likes to have a wander into the different areas of the table which is lovely to see :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
i've found that turning over the coir every few days boosts the humidity up as well. we orderd a temp gun online but bloody things faulty :(

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Ah that's a shame. I love mine, so much so ive taken the temperature of almost every surface in my house lol! Here's what Belle thinks of her humidity monitor....ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420901195.762715.jpg
I had to take the ones with the wire and probe out as she kept biting them!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
we've actually just orderd another one of them instead of gun. gun was only about £10 so not too upset lol. i was the same when we got ours, even pointed lazer across the street to see how far it went :/

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I would love to see a picture of that tortoise and hear about its history. That is the oldest one I have heard about on here.[/QUOTE
Just going to post pictures of 107 yr Hermanns under a new thread