Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Nice looking pardalis. I am jealous.

And @Yvonne G - apparently you weren't feeling well. Glad you are back at the computer and apparently feeling better!

I had a bout with kidney stones earlier this year. Takes me a long time to get back in the swing of things after going under anesthesia, but I'm back up and running now. I've taken a couple new pictures of BenAwes. She weighs 8lbs. That seems like pretty slow growth, considering she weighed 4lbs in September '15.

I took these pictures off Ben Awes' original post a couple years ago:

Benawes a.JPG benawes b.JPG

Note the extra scute on the left front.

Then just a few minutes ago I took these pictures:

BenAwes 12-8-16 a.jpg BenAwes 12-8-16 b.jpg BenAwes 12-8-16 c.jpg BenAwes 12-8-16 d.jpg

I thought sure he was going to be female because of the extra scute, but that's a pretty long tail and the anal scutes are starting to point outwards. Plus he's developing that elongated body shape the males get. Oh well.

@ben awes - You can disregard my PM asking about the lineage of this tortoise. I read back to your original thread on the SAs and was able to get my information from that.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Great looking leopard. Interesting how the new growth this last year is coming in with the tan quite a bit darker.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Great looking leopard. Interesting how the new growth this last year is coming in with the tan quite a bit darker.

He spent the summer outside. That might have something to do with it.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I had a bout with kidney stones earlier this year. Takes me a long time to get back in the swing of things after going under anesthesia, but I'm back up and running now. I've taken a couple new pictures of BenAwes. She weighs 8lbs. That seems like pretty slow growth, considering she weighed 4lbs in September '15.

I took these pictures off Ben Awes' original post a couple years ago:

View attachment 194116 View attachment 194117

Note the extra scute on the left front.

Then just a few minutes ago I took these pictures:

View attachment 194118 View attachment 194119 View attachment 194120 View attachment 194121

I thought sure he was going to be female because of the extra scute, but that's a pretty long tail and the anal scutes are starting to point outwards. Plus he's developing that elongated body shape the males get. Oh well.

@ben awes - You can disregard my PM asking about the lineage of this tortoise. I read back to your original thread on the SAs and was able to get my information from that.
@Yvonne it's great to see you post again. BenAwes looks amazing! I noticed you said "she", but Ben Awes is DEFINITELY a he lol. Your other PP male looks to have some future competition :p

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
Glad to hear you are doing better @Yvonne G TFO is lost without you!!!!!

What an awesome looking leopard. The colors are so intense and it is so cool to see how they have transformed over time.

Thanks for sharing

Fredkas

5 Year Member
She looks shy yvonne?
Or all the tortoise usually like this?
I have bad-*** sulcata.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Most of my leopards are "pretty rocks." It's probably because I don't interact with them.