Best brand of MVB Bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I read the reviews online about the Zoo Med Powersun, and I thought that the life expectancy was because of improper setup on the user part. I set it up with the right housing, and a direct line (no rheostat). I took special care in touching the glass. The bulb also has a 15-min reset if it gets too hot, I accounted for that.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002AQDJK/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I had this bulb for 1 week, and its already burned out. For $50, I'm not too happy about it.

What other brands 100w MVB bulbs are out there that are more reliable?

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Honestly, I have used many of the Zoomed Powersun bulbs and it's by far my favorite:) It lasts a long time and the uvb output is good on it. It comes with a one-year warranty if you fill out that card, which is twice as long as some other warranties. I would contact zoomed for another one and try it one more time before you give up on the Powersun bulb:)

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Yeah, as long as the fixture is secure, not moving at all (not hanging), you should be fine. Its very possible you just got a lemon. I would exchange/replace it and try it again before giving up on the brand.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yeah, I have to say Zoomed Powersuns are by far the best in my opinion. And their warranty is great also I think! I have sent many back and always get the new one real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.