BIG PROBLEM RAPTH pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
I dont think it is. Dan. answered it in another post on this thread think page two.

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
okay thanks... anyone can confirm this FOR SURE? I cant find like anything about it on google except like human Septicemia....

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
more photo's... i've seen the half dead one and the red foot. but i want to see more and cant find anything

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
fin you will never know what i really do with my tort's because the fact you dont really know who i am. but i have learned my lesson. so i'll just keep to myself on whats happening with my tort's and ask questions when needed. people can pm if they would like to hear updates but i will no longer post them. thanks

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
yes i understand that but you should not say stuff about me not taking him to a vet cause i may have already done just that.

how are you finding those?

pinkish legs is a sign as well i think adabraman said... i'll have to reread

pink maybe orange?

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
i did that. cant find that sort of variety hmm... thanks i'll look more into it.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
I've kept my fingers quiet so far, but for the sake of this little guy can't any longer.

Your hatchling has septicemia. See it a lot at the vet I work for. It's very hard to bring them back from it depending on the cause. If it's from a bacteria then he needs aggressive treatment and needs it now. Every day you wait is another day you have to start digging if you know what I mean. Yes he's eating...why? If he showed he was sick in the wild he'd be eaten. He'll keep acting "normal" until the day he doesn't wake up. You don't need 30+ pictures to look at to confirm it. You need to take him to a vet that has expirience treating these guys and this condition.

If the septicemia is caused by organ failure...then just make him comfortable or make the mature decision to not let him suffer any longer. You won't know what is causing it until you go to the vet and have testing done. There may be a chance to save him...a real chance, but if you continue to wait it's going to decrease every minute. Also for the sake of the other hatchlings, if you can't provide the basics that they need: food, water, habitat (this includes the temperatures needed to make them healthy) then please think about rehoming them. We know you love them already, but it isn't fair to keep them in poor conditions because of it. If you really do love them then do what's best for them.

I don't want this post to come off as scolding you or sounding harsh...but at the same time if it's sugar coated you may not fully understand how life threatening this is. If you were this sick...wouldn't you want someone to take you to a doctor that know what they're doing? Or would you go see someone that has just read a book and thinks that everything's ok?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
LeaCrystal said:
fin you will never know what i really do with my tort's because the fact you dont really know who i am. but i have learned my lesson. so i'll just keep to myself on whats happening with my tort's and ask questions when needed. people can pm if they would like to hear updates but i will no longer post them. thanks

So does this mean he didn't make it? :( I know that you're new to this forum so here's some useful information for you. When Yvonne tells you what's wrong with your tortoise and Danny comes back and confirms it, that's all you need to know. They know what they are talking about and we've all seen the pictures of your tortoise and there's no doubt in my mind that's what's wrong with him. So if you choose not to listen that's your choice but people on this forum are here to help. I know that I won't be pm'ing you because that's not the way we want to find out things. If you don't want to have the best care for your little guy that's up to you, but don't expect people like Rachael not to question you on it as she is passionate on the care of her tortoise like most of us are on here. That's why we're on here. And if I were you I'd get me a heater no matter what anyone says that's just ridiculous. I know if it's 45 degrees (like you said in one of your posts) that it's not anywhere hot enough for tortoises. That's one reason that I had to bring my tortoise into the house because I couldn't get the temps. up in our garage and it was actually warmer in there then you're saying it is in your room.

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
whatever, me talking isnt necessary. you only talk to eachother anyways so... good bye

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
As the saying goes " you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" I feel bad for the little one myself.

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
well accordin to all the latest posts you guys make me sound like i never listen, keep my torts in freezing temps, they dont have food, they dont have a enclosure, have no water which is all not true. i'm getting tired of defending myself. just because i dont tell you every little thing about my life doesnt mean i havent done the things you have all told me. i like this forum but i dont like to be looked as a poor person who cant afford to take care of a animal. if i couldnt afford lamps, food, water, ect.. do you really believe i would have bought them? I THINK NOT. i still want to use this forum for the great information you guys give. but i dont want to be talked to like im a poor loser who got these animals but dont have the the money for the food water heat enclosre ect that they need. I dont find it fair i should be banned for not talkin in this thread.

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
i have already posted photo's of the enclosure possible in another thread but i cant remember. i also dont know what kind of shot you want. my enclosure on the outside? inside?

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
i cant take a photo right now because i am not home. but here is the inside set up...
Black- aquarium
Red- heat lamp(on top of enclosure)
gray- uvb(on top)
Pink- Hide
orange-food in dish
blue-water in dish

i'll post a real photo later on tonight or in the morning for sure.

but heres a photo of what it used to look like inside enclosure but they got too cold in the hide so i put it more under the heat....

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    4 KB · Views: 44
  • enc.jpg
    enc.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 41

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
okay i will get it up as soon as can

i recently put timothy hay in there but i really dont like it cause its hard and pokey.... should i take it out?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Are you able to keep him in the 85 - 90 degree temperature range?

Here is an article I googled on septicemia. I've never heard of this so I am not sure if the information on this page is reliable, but it gives some good recommendations on treatment.
I know you've already had links given to you, but the more info the better I think.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Septicemia-Tortoises

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Ya, just noticed you had this link given to you already. Lotsa of pages to go through on this thread.

Are you willing to give us an update? I know you're getting attacked on here, it's frustrating for a lot of us thinking that nothing is being done for this sick tortoise but in reality we have no idea what is actually going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.