Blackout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
The other day my husband called my cellphone while I was out and he was at work . He said he had looked through Tinas camera and it was dark. He asked me to check the bulbs when I got home because one of them must've blown.

4bb98bf5.jpg

So yea....

Laurie

5 Year Member
Lol, I can't keep the cat off of it :( Its just a regular lightbulb in that fixture. I put it there because I wanted to make her enclosure brighter! The mvb is flat down.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Laurie said:
Lol, I can't keep the cat off of it :( Its just a regular lightbulb in that fixture. I put it there because I wanted to make her enclosure brighter! The mvb is flat down.

Open the lid and let the cat check things out. He just wants to sleep with your tort

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You need to use some bailing wire and attach those fixtures flat to the wire top. If the cat gets hung up in the cord or just pushes the fixture, your whole house could burn down.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Thanks Tom,
The UVB bulb is wired flat to the top of the cage wire. It doesn't move. I didn't think of fixing the other 60 watt bulb to the top. I originally had only the mvb bulb. I thought the cool side of the enclosure was too dark, so I put the regular bulb on that side. However, the regular bulb caused too much heat on cool side. It is usually 72-75 degrees, with the bulb over there it was reaching into the mid 80's. So I just clipped It on the hot side edge. I guess I should affix that one too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have had more than one near disaster that way, so I am particularly cautious about those clamp lamps now. I try to let others know, so they don't have to learn it the way I did.

Laurie

5 Year Member
I appreciate the advice, I don't know why I didn't think of attaching it like we did with the mvb. I may take it off all together because of the cat. I have four cats and this particular one goes on anything warm. I'm constantly shoo-ing home off my keurig coffee pot :)
c01bbc46.jpg

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Wow, the pic of the cat on the coffee maker is too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.