Bleeding from bottom shell??

ceecee723

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Came to check on my sully and I always pick him up to hold him and I seen his bottom shell was bloody? He eats & is active anyone know what it could be???? IMG_0204.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When you got your baby, he was pretty brand new, out of the egg. The scar (where you see the blood) from the umbilical/yolk hadn't completely healed, and was just a scab. Climbing on the log has scraped the scab off. Be very industrious to keep germs from invading inside that scar. Clean it VERY WELL then apply antibiotic ointment, and keep ointment on it until it scabs over again. It might be a good idea to put a band-aid or a piece of masking tape with cotton over it while it scabs again.

ceecee723

Texas
When you got your baby, he was pretty brand new, out of the egg. The scar (where you see the blood) from the umbilical/yolk hadn't completely healed, and was just a scab. Climbing on the log has scraped the scab off. Be very industrious to keep germs from invading inside that scar. Clean it VERY WELL then apply antibiotic ointment, and keep ointment on it until it scabs over again. It might be a good idea to put a band-aid or a piece of masking tape with cotton over it while it scabs again.

Great thank you!