box turtle salad.

Big Ol Tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
pflugerville Tx
So I'm determined to get my 3 toed, Mrs.Turtle to eat veggies. I want to make a salad for her since all she likes is fruits and protein. These are the things I have so far.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1478063787.913613.jpg
So are there any more things I can add? (chances are she won't even bat an eye but I gotta at least try lol) Thanks in advance, Mike

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
So I'm determined to get my 3 toed, Mrs.Turtle to eat veggies. I want to make a salad for her since all she likes is fruits and protein. These are the things I have so far.View attachment 191093
So are there any more things I can add? (chances are she won't even bat an eye but I gotta at least try lol) Thanks in advance, Mike
Did she eat the salad Mike.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I use the same things I feed my baby tortoises - mulberry leaves, grape leaves, mallow, endive, escarole, romaine, grated carrot, grated zucchini, grated cucumber. All chopped up into very tiny pieces. I occasionally mix in a little canned cat food. And I top it with a live worm or cricket.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
What have you been feeding her the past 15 years?

Big Ol Tortoise

pflugerville Tx
What have you been feeding her the past 15 years?
romain lettuce... I took over the care of Mrs.Turtle about 2 or 3 years ago. I'm 15 and we have had her for 15 years... so I wasn't able to help her in the beginning. That's one of the reasons why I want to get her outside so badly

Last edited:

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
romain lettuce... I took over the care of Mrs.Turtle about 2 or 3 years ago. I'm 15 and we have had her for 15 years... so I wasn't able to help her in the beginning. That's one of the reasons why I want to get her outside so badly
Keep up the good work young man!!