Brains cant win this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
So yesterday there were threats of severe weather all over the news. Strong thunderstorms, large hail, strong winds, even a tornado watch! I see Brains first thing in the morning, I grab the poor thing and put him in his inside enclosure. I take down my patio umbrella, put away all the chairs and secure all my planters down and next to the house. Not one single drop of rain fell here yesterday!!! All day Brains stares at me from his indoor enclosure.

First thing this morning, I take him outside and stick him back in his outdoor enclosure. I come in and am doing some dishes, look outside and its raining... Really?!?!? Poor Brains is now huddled in his outside hide in the rain.. Go figure!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Laurie- I am fascinated with your choice of names for your tort, Brains. Is there a story behind that?

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Moozilion said:
Laurie- I am fascinated with your choice of names for your tort, Brains. Is there a story behind that?

Lol, you would think it would be because of smarts, but sadly no! His indoor enclosure has a plexiglass front. He was always clamoring to get out so we had covered them with a couple strips of duct tape. With his basking light behind him, he would still scramble to climb the plexiglass door, only now you could only see his shadow. This reminded me of a zombie movie. It got to the point that whenever we would walk by his enclosure and see his shadow trying to frantically get out, one of is would say in a zombie voice... Brains, I want to eat your brains! It just kind of stuck and we started calling him brains :) ..... Lame but true :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Haven't you realized yet that whatever the weather person says is going to happen. You have to count on the opposite. That's how we have to do it in Chicago:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like you have the same weather person as we have. :D Just be thankful you got rain, even if Brains was not as pleased about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.