Burmese Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred gaal

10 Year Member!
coastal said:
Here is a group shot of the Platynota:
BG6.2.jpg

Thanks for the picture, yours look great, they are cb in the USA or from thailand?
I see two different types of stars in your group.
When you take the three below in the picture, the one in the middel has no spots where the stars start.
I did read there are 2 types, 1 with small lines and the other with wide lines and they also have a other day rhythm.
I'm very curious if we will have both?

coastal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
These are CBB USA stud book animals in the picture. There's just one Platynota, everyone has their way of differentiating between animals that are the same species but look different. We call them high yellow in the states, I'm not aware of any other terms used.

fred gaal

10 Year Member!
I did take a picture from a picture in a magazine(sorry its not a good one my scan is not working), as you see these two platynota look realy different.
The author is also telling that the ones with the small lines are more morning and night active, and the ones with the wide lines are more day active.
I official there is only one type off platynota I think its interesting to look how it will work out.
It could be like the Red foot, they are official one species but cherry heads are a lot different from the others.

ti001.jpg

coastal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I'm not aware of any difference in activity based on the appearance of the animals markings. Although one could speculate that assumption based on the amount of light and ability to blend in. Where the animals more active in the day would have more yellow markings to blend in better with the suns rays. The opposite true for early morning night activity when there is less available light from the sun. All that said I still find it hard to be true. I would bet this book is old. Anyone else here have any feedback on this.

fred gaal

10 Year Member!
The article is from 2006, by a German : Hans-Jurgen Bidmon, and a
American : Ralph Hoekstra.
The magazine has a good name, but I agree I beleef it when I see it, but still interesting for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.