Buying question

Nancy Taylor

Can anyone that has paid for a turtle and had it shipped to them please reply to me? I have a turtle I want to purchase but I am expected to pay for the turtle and shipping. I am really worried about being scammed! Has anyone on this website done this. Any advice?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Many of us have done that, but it all depends on who the seller is.

What species of tortoise are you looking to buy and who from?

Nancy Taylor

It is a radiated tortoise I found on this website. Just Leary about sending money to someone I don’t know. Any advice??

Nancy Taylor

Also thx for replying to me. I’m new to this site and wasn’t sure if my question posted. I still can’t locate it in the new posts.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tell us the website and/or name of the person. We may know of them.
Paying for a tortoise and shipping beforehand is very common. Probably the only way it's done.
We can only help if we know of the place you are looking to buy from.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
If you use paypal, you have recourse if something goes wrong. If you found a member here who has radiated for sale just let us know who and we can give you guidance. Most anyone I have seen here selling radiated are a great choice for you.

Nancy Taylor

A8357C34-05DC-43CC-8DDF-22467BE7ECA9.png
If you use paypal, you have recourse if something goes wrong. If you found a member here who has radiated for sale just let us know who and we can give you guidance. Most anyone I have seen here selling radiated are a great choice for you.

Nancy Taylor

B7B786E8-316C-4A1E-B739-875CCD06A799.png

I attached the info below. I just do not want to get scammed! If anyone has any suggestions or device please let me know

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I would be careful with free classified ads. Many of us have bought a tortoise online and paid shipping but you gotta choose someone who has a good reputation, and reviews. Radiated tortoises also can't be shipped across state lines unless the other permits are required so that can be red flags alone. If you want a radiated tortoise I'm sure one of the members can help you find a good reputable breeder or keeper.

Kyle

Nancy Taylor

I would be careful with free classified ads. Many of us have bought a tortoise online and paid shipping but you gotta choose someone who has a good reputation, and reviews. Radiated tortoises also can't be shipped across state lines unless the other permits are required so that can be red flags alone. If you want a radiated tortoise I'm sure one of the members can help you find a good reputable breeder or keeper.

Kyle
Thank you Kyle and to everyone that applied to my post. I actually went to the website that they told us was posted on and found some articles on the way to purchase their pets. They said do not use Western Union, those are usually scams and you have no protection. They recommend only using PayPal. I have contacted my seller and sent pictures of their articles from the website they posted on and told them that I would pay for the turtle via PayPal but would not use Western Union. So if they will not let me use PayPal. I will not be purchasing this turtle… Thank you again everyone

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't see anywhere on this ad that indicates the person is from this site.

What price are they asking?

Are you also in CA?

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I bought a female leopard tortoise today. She doesn't arrive until Monday. I used a credit card but I did look him up and he's a member(I think) of this forum and has many good reviews here. I probably wouldn't have used a credit card if he hadn't had good reviews here on this forum.

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
I would be very careful with someone willing to give away an animal that could easily be worth $5000. Why not go pick it up? Its worth the drive to see the animal first.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, that's Gregs (Aldabramans) Rad. Don't buy that tortoise unless your actually buying it from GREG who lives in Florida and I don't think has placed any of his Rads for sale.