Can we all calm down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Worcester, MA
Simply put whenever someone violently and insultingly contradicts your opinion, they are really just trying to convince THEMSELVES that they are right. The longer the post and the more detail, they more they are unsure of their opinion.

Also they hijacking of an introduction post with Yankee/Redsox posts is really annoying.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Lol, I'm a newbie here kinda, been browsing many months but joined only few weeks or so ago, maybe more.. I must have missed some posts cause I haven't come across any hostility yet, I love it here, during the day I browse from my phone and every night I'm here on my lap top, I'm addicted

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
I haven't seen anything either. I have had nothing but fun here

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
fbsmith3 said:
Simply put whenever someone violently and insultingly contradicts your opinion, they are really just trying to convince THEMSELVES that they are right. The longer the post and the more detail, they more they are unsure of their opinion.

Also they hijacking of an introduction post with Yankee/Redsox posts is really annoying.

Wow if that annoys you...life in general must be tough..You should really pm me about it....

"Also they hijacking" (sp?)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
ok so I am fricken pissed....I did not see the hate posts....I feel like I live in a bubble.....*kicking rocks here*

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm calm.....um-m-m-m-m aum-m-m-m-m (sitting in the lotus position, fingertips touching, eyes closed)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think your all nuts!:D That is what made me join. I have never joined a forum before now. I get educated, share my love for Torts/animals and have a few good laughs all in one spot.
Thank you everyone.
Now I could use a drink.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I haven't seen anything either ... I actually love it when everyone states their opinion, whether or not I agree with it. I love to hear other viewpoints and I have learned a lot this way. Of course I agree everyone should remain civil - but compared to some other forums I've been on - I think this one is pretty good. :)

M

Maggie Cummings

I HAVE seen those tense threads and I have received PM's talking about leaving because of those tense places and tense PM's. So I want to say, ignore those who you don't like. That's hard for me to say because I certainly have had many disagreements here and I know I am disliked by most. We are here to learn and talk about tortoises. Period. But there are some who are using this like Facebook, as a social network. Using TFO as a replacement for not having any real friends. So just remember please, this isn't a popularity contest. It strictly to learn and talk tortoises (and turtles). So just stay away from and ignore those you don't like. And, most of all, don't get hurt because someone is ignoring YOU. I am ignored all the time. But it's not a popularity contest like I said. So if you'd stick to talking chelonia, stuff like this wouldn't happen.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
Now I could use a drink.

Did everybody hear? She is buying us ALL drinks! Such a generous member. *tries to think what drink I will have...hmmm something with ice cream in it perhaps....*

M

Maggie Cummings

fbsmith3 said:

That's not quite true, some of us like to make long posts, in real life I talk a lot and in TFO life I make long posts. Some of us are just more 'wordy' than others...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
maggie3fan said:
fbsmith3 said:

That's not quite true, some of us like to make long posts, in real life I talk a lot and in TFO life I make long posts. Some of us are just more 'wordy' than others...

Very true Ms. Maggie! I also find, when trying to do a proper job of giving fully and completely my opinion on things, the posts often get very long.

MarkE

5 Year Member
message board drama? say it isn't so......

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
maggie3fan said:

I agree with this completely. I mostly find that it's the short posts that end up misunderstood.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Jacqui said:
wellington said:
Now I could use a drink.

Did everybody hear? She is buying us ALL drinks! Such a generous member. *tries to think what drink I will have...hmmm something with ice cream in it perhaps....*

A Mcdonalds milkshake! YUMY!

I 2nd this or 3rd...whatever....I parrot this...

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
I also get wordy, mainly because I like to talk but also because I'm constantly pulled away by my little boy so I may repeat things over and over in one post, I'm not drunk just trying to fight a 2 year old for the keyboard.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
where have I been? What did I miss? Pass the drinks this way!!!
there have been some issues and heated posts in the past,, but nothing Ive seen recently..
at least... Nothing compared to the past..

Status
Not open for further replies.