Cannot decide on an indoor enclosure!

MidwestyB

Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
I’m new here, but i’ve been lurking for months. I’ve decided on a Hermanns due to my climate (midwest). I have a large backyard for summer months but will need a proper indoor enclosure. I plan to get a tort that is 6 months + . I just have not come across an enclosure I feel is right. I love @Elohi raised garden beds, so that option is a front runner. I also like the idea of a greenhouse tent with maybe a large (very temporary) plastic container or some other kind of solid base. I’ve even scoured the Enclosure thread. Would love it if any of you experienced owners could attach some photos of your tried and true set ups!
Thanks!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I only keep tortoises outside. Lucky me...south Florida
Someone here on the forum sells very nice indoor enclosures.
ANIMAL PLASTICS
I'm thinking that it was either @Tom or @Markw84 that I remember mentioning them and their high quality. But I'm not sure exactly who sells them.
@Elohi doesn't post anymore. She hasn't been seen in almost a year.

Last edited:

MidwestyB

Iowa
I only keep tortoises outside. Lucky me...south Florida
Someone here on the forum sells very nice indoor enclosures.
ANIMAL PLASTICS
I'm thinking that it was either @Tom or @Markw84 that I remember mentioning them and their high quality. But I'm not sure exactly who sells them.
Yes, i’ve looked at his custom builds and they are amazing! For now, I think i’ve decided on a christmas tree storage bin, although temporary, with a greenhouse tent over it. Trying to figure out lighting now, which has me the most worked up ?
I found @Elohi on instagram and she is very active there! Posting her torts, their progress, and her for sale babies, often.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yes, i’ve looked at his custom builds and they are amazing! For now, I think i’ve decided on a christmas tree storage bin, although temporary, with a greenhouse tent over it. Trying to figure out lighting now, which has me the most worked up ?
I found @Elohi on instagram and she is very active there! Posting her torts, their progress, and her for sale babies, often.
Tell her that she's missed here at the TFO!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I’m new here, but i’ve been lurking for months. I’ve decided on a Hermanns due to my climate (midwest). I have a large backyard for summer months but will need a proper indoor enclosure. I plan to get a tort that is 6 months + . I just have not come across an enclosure I feel is right. I love @Elohi raised garden beds, so that option is a front runner. I also like the idea of a greenhouse tent with maybe a large (very temporary) plastic container or some other kind of solid base. I’ve even scoured the Enclosure thread. Would love it if any of you experienced owners could attach some photos of your tried and true set ups!
Thanks!!
It will be easiest to maintain the correct temps and humidity for a baby in a large closed chamber. You are going to need one anyway later on when your baby gets larger and winter comes each year.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
That's a shame - but the pictures of her leopard enclosure can still be seen if you search for Lifetime Raised Garden Bed. I tried to get them for my tort but they weren't available in the UK.

MidwestyB

Iowa
That's a shame - but the pictures of her leopard enclosure can still be seen if you search for Lifetime Raised Garden Bed. I tried to get them for my tort but they weren't available in the UK.
I’ve got the pictures saved! They will be my next upgrade ?