Can't get humidity

graciemay98

Location (City and/or State)
OH
Hello, i'm struggling to get any type if humidity in my baby sulcatas habitat.

It was an open enclosure so we put a lid on it with a hole for the hanging lamps for humidity.
We have live moss pads to hold humidity.
We use repti-bark wood chips.
We mist the entire habitat multiple times a day.
And we keep his water dish filled and close enough to the heat emitter for evaporation.

But none of these things have given us ANY humidity.. i know it's dire to have a decent amount of humidity for a sulcata especially a baby, but we are out of ideas except to close the top completely, cover the hole with clear shower curtain and hang lamps above that.

Thoughts?

P

pguinpro

Hello, i'm struggling to get any type if humidity in my baby sulcatas habitat.

It was an open enclosure so we put a lid on it with a hole for the hanging lamps for humidity.
We have live moss pads to hold humidity.
We use repti-bark wood chips.
We mist the entire habitat multiple times a day.
And we keep his water dish filled and close enough to the heat emitter for evaporation.

But none of these things have given us ANY humidity.. i know it's dire to have a decent amount of humidity for a sulcata especially a baby, but we are out of ideas except to close the top completely, cover the hole with clear shower curtain and hang lamps above that.

Thoughts?
Think air tight. You're on the right path you just need to get creative. I eventually wound up buying 65gal tub with lid and then used gaskets, garage door seals, duct tape, foil tape, and so much more. Pics of enclosure would help.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Misting does little to nothing in adding humidity. You need to pour a whole pitcher full of water in there and mix it up with your hand.