CANT GET RID OF THE FUNGUS!

Hello all! I've been treating my little Willow for fungus. She has had the betadine scrub and has been treated with anti fungal cream for at least a week. She has got new substrate and its cypress mulch and moss in her hide. Does the fungus look dead and it just takes awhile to disappear? Here's some pictures. It looks way better when it's wet but it looks terrible when it dries. IMG_1080.JPG
This is after her soak^
IMG_1081.JPG
Minutes after her soak^

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks pretty good to me. However, if you have her on wet substrate she will either not heal or will get it again. She does need high humidity but with dry top layer of substrate. Easiest way is to pour warm water into the corners so it wets the underneath, keeping the top dry. Tortoises do take a while to heal. The healing is like the movement of a tort, slow.

inkling13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
central NY
Hey great job with the treatment! I battled shell rot with one of my reds a couple summers back. Here's the link if you'd like: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/new-rescue-with-shell-rot.93474/#post-877730 I think I treated every day with the fungal cream for about two weeks (since that's what was reccomended on the tube) and then on occasionally over the next few months because I was uncertain if what I was seeing was damaged shell or the fungus coming back. In the end I decided it was just damaged shell flakiness as all of the new growth shows zero sign of flake or funk. The area that was affected by the shell rot is still easy to spot a year and a half later but it's not flaky any more just a different color and texture. Here's some pictures of her to compare. The first one was before she received any treatment(super funky fungus), the second after a month of treatment (no fungus but very flaky), and the last is her today (no more flakiness but you can see the difference between new growth and what was damaged). I hope this helps!
2014:5:28 presoak.jpg 2014:06:27 presoak.jpg A'tuinplastron1.jpg