Caught a bee

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Wow! Brave little boxie! Thats awesome! Was the bee injured or did he just catch it out of the air?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
"unreal" was my exact phrase when I saw this!!

I too am wondering, did she catch it? Eat it? Did it hurt her?

I have iceplant in my Russian/ Leopard pens and the bees love the flowers (until the torts eat the flowers). I wonder sometimes if they'll ever get stung.

Way to go boxie!

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
There are some dandelion flowers in there that I grow for my Russians so in assuming the bee was attracted to that. I didnt see her catch it. My kids started screaming that "the box turtle is going to get stung". And we watched her eat the entire thing. She seemed fine.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would never have believed that one, if not for the picture.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
That is a Fantastic Picture, the bee looks like it could be a carpenter bee,and the males can't sting, it is easy to tell the males from females just by looking at their face, I wonder if over time box turtles have developed the ability to tell them apart and will only eat the males or the stings don't bother them.

thea lester

5 Year Member
New Orleans, LA
Super cool photo! My turtle Juanita caught a fly in mid air once. Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it but she actually popped her front legs off the ground and snagged it!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nom nom nom...

I had a Gulf Coast Boxie for a while. It was very fond of roaches and had no problem catching the little buggers.

That is a great pic, especially with the other one looking on with interest in the back ground.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Caught a bee

Len said:
That is a Fantastic Picture, the bee looks like it could be a carpenter bee,and the males can't sting, it is easy to tell the males from females just by looking at their face, I wonder if over time box turtles have developed the ability to tell them apart and will only eat the males or the stings don't bother them.

Really??
This is interesting. I'm allergic to bee stings so this fact is kinda cool to me.

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

Status
Not open for further replies.