Cement mixing tub

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Here's one on Amazon. But Home Depot or Lowes has them. And it seems like they might be less expensive there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118-231900_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118-231900_Samsung Internet.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 2

TortoiseNoob9

Fremont, California
Here's one on Amazon. But Home Depot or Lowes has them. And it seems like they might be less expensive there
I new about this one, but I wanted to find one that was 30in. because it is the maximum amount of space where an enclosure would both be near an outlet and be visually appealing. This encloser is only 5in. bigger than my current encloser. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Creative-P...x-28-in-L-x-6-in-D-Drywall-Mud-Pan/1000608719 I found this tub do you think it is appropriate for a tortoise my size. This is only supposed to be for until summer by the way. Thank you for your effort though. I really do appreciate your willingness to help a new keeper.

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Creative-P...x-36-in-L-x-8-in-D-Drywall-Mud-Pan/1000642569 I want to bye this tub for my tortoise. However, it would be hanging off the edge of my enclosure area. 6in in both length and width. Should I make this 3.5 in. Tortoise's home?
That is much too small for a 3.5 inch tortoise. Low sided plastic tubs are also very difficult the heat and humidify. You need a large closed chamber, or you need a much larger enclosure inside a greenhouse tent. You could still use a large glass tank for one that size for a bit longer and that would be easier to partially cover and hold some heat in.

TortoiseNoob9

Fremont, California
That is much too small for a 3.5 inch tortoise. Low sided plastic tubs are also very difficult the heat and humidify. You need a large closed chamber, or you need a much larger enclosure inside a greenhouse tent. You could still use a large glass tank for one that size for a bit longer and that would be easier to partially cover and hold some heat in.
This enclosure is also only supposed to last until summer.