1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Certification

Discussion in 'Greek tortoises' started by Raggedyman85, May 21, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Raggedyman85

Raggedyman85 New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Bristol(UK)
    Just wanted some advice I have a 3 year old(well I've had it 3 years) Greek spur thigh that I found in a field when it was absolutely tiny (I'm in the UK) it's always been happy and healthy but I do not have a certificate or any paperwork for it. I know they require paperwork but where do I stand with this as I haven't the first clue who the breeder could be. It was just a random field in the middle of nowhere no houses or property near by.
    Ben02 likes this.
  2. Ben02

Ben02 Well-Known Member

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    It was probably dumped their. I doubt you will need a certificate unless you want to sell him or his future offspring, but I’m not 100% sure.

It’s good you found him, I would of been over the moon if I found a tort in a field.
    Raggedyman85 likes this.
  3. Raggedyman85

Raggedyman85 New Member

Bristol(UK)
    Have absolutely no intention of rehoming him lol. Even if I did I'd have to fight my children Haha. Also no intention of breeding I think there's enough babies available every year I don't need to add to the market. If I ever had the room for a group of Gallops or Aldabras then I'd give it a go for conservation sake. Pics are from the day I found it any thoughts on its potential age from the pics would be good to hear. I didn't measure it (stupidly) I've had it 3 years and I presumed it was possibly a hatchling possibly yearling. received_458133405018097.jpeg received_2684491354955906.jpeg received_306924350239840.jpeg
  4. Ben02

Ben02 Well-Known Member

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
    It’s quite hard to say, they all grow at different rates but he was most likely under a year when you found he. Any pics of him now:)
  5. dmmj

dmmj The member formerly known as captain awesome Moderator

CA
    I think ben02 is correct but not 100% positive. @JoesMum any ideas?
  6. Raggedyman85

Raggedyman85 New Member

Bristol(UK)
    Here's one from the other week. Not the best angle 20190513_121053.jpeg
    Ben02 likes this.