Change sort of posts in a thread.. today first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlesquirt

5 Year Member
How do i sort posts in a thread so the most recent (today) is on top and can read first ?? today is always at bottom? I want to reverse the sort? thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Marcy:

I don't think you can. Mine have always show up with the most recent as the last. But go to User CP, then choose edit options. there are some things on the right side of the page you can try. On MY page it shows that I have chosen linear. Don't know if that's it or not.

littlesquirt

5 Year Member
Thanks Yvonne. I checked the edit options and you can only choose how many posts to display - all, or last 25 days, etc, but not the order that they are displayed in. Thanks though... must be that you can't change it ...

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
its always been like this but if theres a thread where theres more than one page of responses like 1234 you can jus click on the last page (4) to go rite to where the most recent discussion is.HOPE YOU TOOK THAT IN IT KINDA CONFUSING TO EXPLAIN......GOOD LUCK

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Up at the top on the left, where it says "Welcome Back October. You lasted visited blah blah blah..." there's a link that says "View Todays Posts". That's what I use and the newest ones are always at the top.

But, when you're in the different forum sections at the top of the column headers there should be an option that says "Last Post [desc]" Click on [desc] and it should change to [asc] and put your posts in ascending order.

Does that make sense? Hope that helps. :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I use "view today's posts" it shows the most recent posts.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
over to the right, in the same line of the post you are interested in....you can click on 'Last post', so if its a thread you are following, you can just read the most recent reply, and scroll up if you missed several.
Dont click on the user name, just the words 'last post'.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I don't think you can change the post sort within threads. This would reverse the order posts come out of the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.