Top of list?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I can't figure out this new system. Sometimes when I post, it bumps that thread to the top of the list of recent posts. Other times it doesn't and I can't figure out why. I updated my "End Of Pyramiding" thread today, and it didn't show up any where.

Livingston posted some stuff on old threads today and some showed up on the top of the "New Posts" list, while others did not.

I don't go through every forum looking for posts on old threads that interest me. I've always relied on just looking at new posts, or the list of my most recently active threads that used to pop up on my User CP page.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
HA! I just posted this thread, and when I went to "New Posts" its not there. But I can come back to this specific forum and find it...

What's going on?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I can't figure out this new system. Sometimes when I post, it bumps that thread to the top of the list of recent posts. Other times it doesn't and I can't figure out why. I updated my "End Of Pyramiding" thread today, and it didn't show up any where.

Livingston posted some stuff on old threads today and some showed up on the top of the "New Posts" list, while others did not.

I don't go through every forum looking for posts on old threads that interest me. I've always relied on just looking at new posts, or the list of my most recently active threads that used to pop up on my User CP page.

Can anyone explain this to me?

I think it doesn't appear because it's not "new" to you but will pop back to the top once someone replies.

Elohi(Earth)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I've noticed that, too. So far only once that I'm aware of....

I was on the android app and saw @Elohi 's thread on her outdoor pen. It was at the top of the timeline. I wanted to see it on the PC so I hoped on and went to New Posts... it wasn't there! Or anywhere...until I clicked her photo on my "people I follow" and then went to her "recent activity"

The timeline/new posts is the primary way I use TFO

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
The post is no longer new once you've viewed it, so it gets removed from the list.
If you would prefer to view Recent Posts, click on 'New Posts' then on the right-hand side at the top of the list you should see a link to 'Recent Posts' - this page will list ALL recent posts in chronological order, whether you've seen them or not.