Check out my tattoo!

DuttonWebb

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Texas, yeehaw
I went with a stereotypical tortoise shell that one might have drawn as a child. What species do you think it is? Anyone who knows tortoises well would say "that tortoise has pyramiding!" 😂
This tattoo took about 7 hours and boy was it agonizing! Pinch yourself in the crease of your elbow. It hurts right? That strawberry felt like someone was scraping a sunburn with a dinner fork! It was truly awful, but I love the final product!

Tattoo.jpg

Last edited:

WillB

New York City
Cool tattoo! Props to you for enduring the process and the tattoo artist for drawing something so playful.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Based on your avatar of a Sulcata eating a strawberry....I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is your sully? 🤣

However, without seeing your avatar, I'd have assumed it was a gopher tortoise due to the lack of leg spurs. BUT that's only cuz you asked us to guess. :)

DuttonWebb

10 Year Member!
Texas, yeehaw
Big gular...it's a male Sulcata...a capitive tort, hence the pyramiding...
Whats funny is that I showed him a piture of a hatchling sulcata eating a strawberry and THATS what he drew. At first I wasn't a fan of the shell and quite frankly it doesn't look like a sulcata at all to me, but more like Franklin the tortoise from the old kids show. I still loved it though <3. I pulled the trigger sand said yes lets do it. I just recreated the scene in my profile picture. I maybe give my sulcata a strawberry like once a year btw.

Here's the picture I gave to the artist.
7d159fd6aa249eec15bb017a7d7c01d1.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Whats funny is that I showed him a piture of a hatchling sulcata eating a strawberry and THATS what he drew. At first I wasn't a fan of the shell and quite frankly it doesn't look like a sulcata at all to me, but more like Franklin the tortoise from the old kids show. I still loved it though <3. I pulled the trigger sand said yes lets do it. I just recreated the scene in my profile picture. I maybe give my sulcata a strawberry like once a year btw.

Here's the picture I gave to the artist.
View attachment 352305
I like the interpretation of your photo. He's good and I don't even like tattoos 😜 especially the pain to get one...☺️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Big gular...it's a male Sulcata...a capitive tort, hence the pyramiding...
Guess who I just saw checking in on bad jokes 😁 and I'm not trying to hyjack this thread.😉

J

jornfinn

yea that is one sick tatoo but have you ever thought of inking exclusive revenge hoodies font tatoo?