Check this!?

_Turtle024

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Screenshot_20200217-015430_Chrome.jpgif I black out part of the bottom, would this be good for my 7 month old hermanns tortoise?

The Netherlands
I think for a baby tortoise like yours the size is fine, but in my opinion you can make your own beautiful enclosure/tortoise table for much less money and maybe even a little bigger if you have the space (the same size is fine too for this cutie). ?

Don’t get me wrong, the enclosure looks pretty cool. But it’s a waste of money when you can build something nice yourself. And it’s fun to do as well! Use different kinds of woods in the color you like, diy projects/products, space to hang your lights, etc. Be creative!?

But if you’re still going for this product, yes for a small tortoise that is about 4-6 inches long, it’s a good size. When he will grow bigger, another enclosure will be needed. ?

Good luck with (building) your enclosure! And show a picture when it’s finished. I’d love to see. ?

The Netherlands
I think for a baby tortoise like yours the size is fine, but in my opinion you can make your own beautiful enclosure/tortoise table for much less money and maybe even a little bigger if you have the space (the same size is fine too for this cutie). ?

Don’t get me wrong, the enclosure looks pretty cool. But it’s a waste of money when you can build something nice yourself. And it’s fun to do as well! Use different kinds of woods in the color you like, diy projects/products, space to hang your lights, etc. Be creative!?

But if you’re still going for this product, yes for a small tortoise that is about 4-6 inches long, it’s a good size. When he will grow bigger, another enclosure will be needed. ?

Good luck with (building) your enclosure! And show a picture when it’s finished. I’d love to see. ?

Oh and yes, make sure your tortoise can’t ‘see through’ the glass. But you already figured that out haha.

_Turtle024

Texas

Thanks for the feedback!!! I was looking into building a tortoise table inside a dresser with a glass top, and ventilation of course but I cant seem to find a decent dresser for the project.
But yeah My tortoise is only 2.5 inches and for now I have her in a plastic tote type thing around the same size. I would like something nicer tho since it is in my room and I thought this nice little tank would be perfect for a couple years if I black out the bottom part. Then after I would make a tortoise table. When she's bigger.????

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
ON 18" wide that is way small. AT best first year only. YOu would get more out of a storage bin 50+ gallons. I get the looks part of it, but heat, light and mobility are essential for a tortoise. How about a ahndsome second hand bookcase for sides- add a piece of plywood for a back. Now find a four leg table second hand and mate the two. Habitat for Humanity has ReStores which you can get screendoors and windows for cheap to close in the top. Even Craigslist- In Richmond I saw a free shower door yesterday would have been nice when I was building my new indoor enclosure. Just think a little out of the box and you could have a very eclectic enclosure

_Turtle024

Texas
ON 18" wide that is way small. AT best first year only. YOu would get more out of a storage bin 50+ gallons. I get the looks part of it, but heat, light and mobility are essential for a tortoise. How about a ahndsome second hand bookcase for sides- add a piece of plywood for a back. Now find a four leg table second hand and mate the two. Habitat for Humanity has ReStores which you can get screendoors and windows for cheap to close in the top. Even Craigslist- In Richmond I saw a free shower door yesterday would have been nice when I was building my new indoor enclosure. Just think a little out of the box and you could have a very eclectic enclosure
Thankyou. What if I go with the same Idea i had but get a 36in× 24in with a height of 18inches? Is this big enough my hermanns tortoise is only 2.5 inches as of now.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
It would barely last you one year before he outgrew it. Torts really need room to roam to aid in digestion . Now if you were thinking on eventually getting another then it would be a decent investment since you could easily clean and disinfect it for the next one.

_Turtle024

Texas
It would barely last you one year before he outgrew it. Torts really need room to roam to aid in digestion . Now if you were thinking on eventually getting another then it would be a decent investment since you could easily clean and disinfect it for the next one.
Okay thanks for the information. I will be building a tortoise table once I move out. ? I was wanting to build one inside a dress to where when the drawers are open it can access everything. But I have no idea how to even start. maxresdefault.jpg
If you, or anyone has a idea and can help with ideas on how to do this... it would be more helpful than a tank for now.