CHECK THOSE INSIDE TEMPS AS SUMMER COMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just a reminder. Your torts inside enclosure will be getting hotter with the outside temps warming up and warming your house. Be sure to check those temps, you may be turning some of the fixtures off. Also, don't forget to do the same in the fall, as temps get colder. Some of those fixtures will have to be turned back on.

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
I actually switched two of my bulbs today to 1/2 the wattage! I keep my torts in a screened in back patio so the weather helps keep my temps up most of the time.

7oasty23

5 Year Member
I actually had the opposite problem, because of the ac. Had to add a second bulb.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
7oasty23 said:
I actually had the opposite problem, because of the ac. Had to add a second bulb.

Yep, sometimes that happens too. But, if its that warm inside, your tort should be spending a lot of time outside:)

7oasty23

5 Year Member
wellington said:
7oasty23 said:

Yep, sometimes that happens too. But, if its that warm inside, your tort should be spending a lot of time outside:)

I only put him out supervised, we have some serious predators here, and I'm paranoid.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
7oasty23 said:
wellington said:
7oasty23 said:

I only put him out supervised, we have some serious predators here, and I'm paranoid.

I understand. Better safe then sorry:)

Status
Not open for further replies.