'Christmas Tree Cactus'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan487

5 Year Member
I guess it is non toxic, I miss identified it for the normal one and put it in thier enclosure. That said all I have to say is "GRR", After a week of leaving it alone they both teamed up on one side of it and took turns biting at the base until they chopped it down lumberjack style. Theyve continued to munch on it but its completly on its side. Is this normal behavior for tortoises? Im about to go get a ton more plants for thier enclosure but im trying to find the mix between tall (Theyll chop it down) or short and accessible (they trample it). I was going to get them another cactus of this kind if its safe for sure. Anyone else have this problem of lumberjack torts? :D

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
Mine start by eating all the leaves and flowers they can reach, and then they will climb up the bush and knock it over to eat the rest. Usually just leaves me with a bare sticks in the gardens. never had one lumberjack yet, but the picture in my head of yours taking turns is hilarious! :D

Logan487

5 Year Member
Yeah, Ive just replanted the enclosure and moved it to the corner, well whats left of it, hopefully it will come back. :D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
That is sooooooo funny!! Yes, Christmas cactus is good. Mine LOVE the flowers. I have a bright pink one. They usually bloom around Christmas and Easter. So no worries!!

Logan487

5 Year Member
Yeah, though when I think teamwork and look at them im reminded of my sons show WonderPets lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.