Closed Chamber Convert

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Great thread, and I couldn't agree more ... the simple act of closing my redfoot's enclosure, to trap heat and moisture has made it so much easier to control his climate.

I'm now at the place where I'm actually considering modifying both the heat and humidity downwards slightly.

Thanks TFO!

Jamie

Strawb

Dubai
Great thread, and I couldn't agree more ... the simple act of closing my redfoot's enclosure, to trap heat and moisture has made it so much easier to control his climate.

I'm now at the place where I'm actually considering modifying both the heat and humidity downwards slightly.

Thanks TFO!

Jamie

So true. Its one of those “if i only knew” moments as a tortoise keeper

Im in the process of thinking 2-3 yrs ahead now when they outgrow this chamber.

Outdoor balcony enclosure greenhouse

Stoneman

Pacific Northwest, United States
I really like the way you have constructed the closed chamber. My current plan is to construct it slightly narrower so that each section will fit through a doorway in case I relocate. So 2.5×6. However, I want to triple the enclosures, so that there are three, and combine them together so that they form a C shape. So basically two 90° angles so that I can clean and so that they can move around. I want to reduce the height of your enclosures, so they are two feet high. I know this does not leave a lot of room for adjusting the height of heating elements and lights, but I am pretty sure T5/T9 bulbs don't ever need to be more than 1.5 feet above them. They will not be individually closed chambers, but be one closed chamber, with small fans circulating the air to maintain consistent temperature. This requires me to have fewer sealed areas. They can be sectioned off, but for the adults I plan to have the entire levels opened for them. I am moving from a non-tortoise friendly environment to another, but the RH is going to change from 40% to 80% so I need a closed chamber less, but I still want it for the temperature controls. I still plan to put humid hides and a misting system in as well.

What do you think? Does anyone have recommendations? Sorry to hijack your thread, I'll make

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181103-112904_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20181103-112904_Samsung Notes.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 12

Strawb

Dubai
I dont see why it shouldnt work. The detail you should focus on is with the terminations of the 90’ connections. How you plan to seal it and how to make it removable.