Coco coir twitching?!?!

James9811

Location (City and/or State)
Newcastle upon Tyne
I swear I’m not crazy… hear me out ?

I’ve just sprayed down my tortoise table with water, and the coco coir seems to be twitching/moving ever so slightly??? Like moving ever so slightly, is it just drying up or could I have springtails that are reacting to the water that I just can’t see??

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

I’ve just sprayed down my tortoise table with water, and the coco coir seems to be twitching/moving ever so slightly??? Like moving ever so slightly, is it just drying up or could I have springtails that are reacting to the water that I just can’t see??

I’d say look closer & see what you have going on. I doubt if it’s springtails reacting to water. Soooooo many possibilities here really.
Where’s Inspector Clouseau when we need him?

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
not really sure of your setup if its open top or not (it shouldnt be) but if it is theres a chance the gnats will have a go at the soil in any potted plants you may have. its hard to tell though this is the issue without any further info like Maro said

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Sounds like the material is absorbing water and expanding. If it was bugs, you would be able to see bugs.