coco coir

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I’m growing all of my weed seeds in coco coir and they are actually growing! I didn’t think they would but they are.

Your seeds are probably sprouting for sure, but they won’t grow and thrive in coco coir as their only substrate unless you plan to fertilize regularly.

Upload a pix so we can see. Happy Torting

Greta16

Western Maine
I grow plants in a mix of coco, orchids bark and spagnum moss and a bit of top soil. That's just for the plants my tort eats. It works great.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Your seeds are probably sprouting for sure, but they won’t grow and thrive in coco coir as their only substrate unless you plan to fertilize regularly.

Upload a pix so we can see. Happy Torting

They are more than sprouting, I have a large bush now that has grown so thick. I’ve now sprinkled seeds all over the enclosure and they are coming up all over, some get eaten before they make it bigger than a sprout though.

I’ll take a pic when I get home.

I think sometimes we underestimate coco coir as I’ve read loads of articles about growing plants in it. I haven’t tried it with plants, only weeds, and weeds notoriously grow in anything! They thrive even when neglected.