Coconut coir question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Englishrose

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia, Canada
I went to our local Buckerfield store today mainly because my friends who know i have torts have been telling me about the tortoises they have there. they had a huge sulcata, a gopher tort (never heard of them before) and a russian all sharing a pen.

I happened to come across a box of coconut coir bricks, i purchased one (2kg) but it didnt have any instructions

Q- how much water am i suppose to soak it in and for how long.

I wish i had taken pictures of the torts, perhaps next time, but what i did find amusing was the fact that everyone called them turtles :D

Anyway, any advice would be very welcomed :)

kae

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I will drop two of the coco coir bricks in a five gallon bucket and then pour really warm water in until they begin to float and then a touch more....any water that does not get soaked up just gets used by either pouring it into the plants outside...:D

Englishrose

5 Year Member
British Columbia, Canada
Thanks ascott :) :)

I will do that tomorrow

you just never stop learning on this site :D

Kae

ascott said:
I will drop two of the coco coir bricks in a five gallon bucket and then pour really warm water in until they begin to float and then a touch more....any water that does not get soaked up just gets used by either pouring it into the plants outside...:D

marinaresident

5 Year Member
Monterey, CA
For every one brick of coco coir, pour 1 gallon of water. To speed up the process, in my experience, I have been using warm water. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.