COLD DARK ROOM

Prairie Mom

What an excellent post!
Points! :)
Sounds like tons of fun and what a smashing idea you had to liven it all up a bit.
Is the book any good?
i've never read Bryson, but i'm soon to embark on 'Notes from a Small Island."
We all like to do something silly and book themed every meeting. It's been a lot of fun.

This was the only Bryson I've read, so you'll have to tell me about "Notes from a Small island." -Is this one set in the UK? He mentions moving from the UK a lot at the beginning of "A Walk in the Woods." -You probably already know this one is set hiking through the Appalachian trail (Georgia to Mt. Katahdin in Maine----this has been a long fantasy of mine!). The book is historical and definitely is a conservation effort, but his humor is wickedly funny at times. He has a sidekick with the pseudonym "Stephen Katz." People seemed to either LOVE or HAAATE KATZ. I LOOOOOVED HIM! You often want to kick him, but I loved wanting to kick him too:D Parts of the book were hilarious, some parts were too long and needed to be edited out, some parts deeply interesting like a real mining town that is permanently on fire and inextinguishable (---real word??o_O). I thought the book is great and recommend it to anyone as long as the reader gives themselves permission to skim through any part they find slow.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Well I just found out that my room is too small to practise my backwards roll to handstand in.
I was doing a backroll to handstand but I am too big so I slammed my foot down on the bed frame o_O

How are you all?
Long time no speak!
Indeed!
Missed you around here, Spud's Mum!
Thought you may have had an accident.
Which it seems you have, but no worse than usual.;)
i'm very well thanks, how about you ?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
We all like to do something silly and book themed every meeting. It's been a lot of fun.

This was the only Bryson I've read, so you'll have to tell me about "Notes from a Small island." -Is this one set in the UK? He mentions moving from the UK a lot at the beginning of "A Walk in the Woods." -You probably already know this one is set hiking through the Appalachian trail (Georgia to Mt. Katahdin in Maine----this has been a long fantasy of mine!). The book is historical and definitely is a conservation effort, but his humor is wickedly funny at times. He has a sidekick with the pseudonym "Stephen Katz." People seemed to either LOVE or HAAATE KATZ. I LOOOOOVED HIM! You often want to kick him, but I loved wanting to kick him too:D Parts of the book were hilarious, some parts were too long and needed to be edited out, some parts deeply interesting like a real mining town that is permanently on fire and inextinguishable (---real word??o_O). I thought the book is great and recommend it to anyone as long as the reader gives themselves permission to skim through any part they find slow.
I'll tell you what I make of the other one when I get round to it!
Thanks for the review, may prove useful with my one.

meech008

5 Year Member
Oh, No! :(
Crikey! Nothing too serious, I hope, just very busy an chaotic ?
Very busy and very chaotic. This whole week has been crazy. Bens birthday is on Friday and I just got the money together to get him something only I have no idea what to get. I'm exhausted from this week what with making Christmas presents and trying to do well in my last class which is WAY harder than I thought it would be

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Very busy and very chaotic. This whole week has been crazy. Bens birthday is on Friday and I just got the money together to get him something only I have no idea what to get. I'm exhausted from this week what with making Christmas presents and trying to do well in my last class which is WAY harder than I thought it would be
I'm no good at buying presents, either, apparently.
Everything I got last year for Christmas was wrong, so I've recently been told.
I've bought a few things again this year, hopefully one of them will be to her Ladyships's liking! ;)
Keep at it! the point is it's the LAST class.
Not long now.:)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So, here's my new thing. Marimo balls. They take very little care (change the water every couple of weeks, roll them around occasionally), they look adorable in any little glass container, including jam jars. If you want to get all fancy, you can put a couple of pebbles, gravel or play sand in with them. People think they're so unique and cool, and most people have never heard of them. I just got 6 of them on Amazon for $9 (Which I think is about 5 pounds these days). They arrived in a bag marked, "Share the love of the fluffy!" So... wash out a couple of jars, drop some little marimos in them and you're good to go.:D
What happens to the poor castrated Marimos?