COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
That's too bad. I would really like to know what kind of tortoise and even what forum member it belongs to
Well, at least the type of tortoise.
Many people won't know them all.
Not sure the member's name is so relevant, just covers over more of the photo and will , in some cases, be meaningless to a lot of buyers.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Popping in for a quick "hello!" and a quick post. I'm missing the dark room:)
Too much going on this week, but all is well.

Recently had book club at my house.
View attachment 158895

It's a fun group of ladies of all ages. There are about 15 of us. Grandmas to Young'ins. I made the last book club extra dorky. We read "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson.
View attachment 158896

I put my group of ladies through a detailed camping/book theme night. Pitched my giant tent in the middle of the living room/dining room and forced everyone to get in, sit around my fake campfire, and discuss the book by flash light. :D They were so amused by the set up that it took a while to actually get down to discussion. Go team, Chrissy!
View attachment 158898

Check out my "camp fire." I'm embarrassingly proud...
View attachment 158901

I served a veggie tray and then all kinds of yucky/good snack cakes that are mentioned in the book. Snickers candy bars and bears are often discussed in the book as well, so I had lots of snickers and made an apple salad with chopped up snickers bars in it.

Word of the cool nerdiness is spreading and a few husbands have been pestering to join the group. A couple have managed to sneak in toward the end of our discussions, but we are unabashedly sexist and all of us refuse. Sorry, lads... You'll have to eavesdrop and enjoy whatever goodies are leftover:D
What an excellent post!
Points! :)
Sounds like tons of fun and what a smashing idea you had to liven it all up a bit.
Is the book any good?
i've never read Bryson, but i'm soon to embark on 'Notes from a Small Island."

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Adam, I finished season 9!!!! I'm starting a re-watch to catch my hubby up to date:) I loved the season. A few thumbs-down episodes that happen in every single season, but there were some extra fabulous ones too! I approve of how they did Clara's story line. I think the girl how dies in a million time streams helping the Doctor over the ages, deserves to have a "pause" button and enjoy herself. Totally approve. Don't like the casting for "Me" but like the idea of the two of them heading off. :D

May be chatting more as we watch the season through again. I've loved your insights and have shared them with hubby Ben.

Have a good day, everyone!
I only had the one thumbs down episode, though i'm not sure about some of the last one either.
SPOILERS FOR DOCTOR WHO SEASON 9
Briefly, it was all very brave.
Zygon one dealing with radicalization and refugees.
Sleep No More, lost footage stuff and the Doctor losing.
Clara's death in Face The Raven, followed by a virtual one-hander, then the finale.
Love the Brachaki style TARDIS at the end.
Only a few days to 'The Husbands of River Song' now!
A completely different tone.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hey guys. I just landed in the ER. The doctors said I'm severely dehydrated, I have severe deficiencies of both sodium and potassium, my heart rate was very irregular. The doctors said without treatment I could've had a heart attack. I'm fine now. The doctors said it was because of the extreme amounts of caffeine coupled with the small amounts of food I've been eating because I haven't been feeling well (stress plus slightly depressed). I'm a lot better now. I've spent five hours in the hospital and I'm fine. I've been on IVF for a while now.
Goodness, Abdulla !!!!!:(
Please look after yourself properly!
You must eat and drink properly!
Stay in touch and get well soon! :)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Goodness, Abdulla !!!!!:(
Please look after yourself properly!
You must eat and drink properly!
Stay in touch and get well soon! :)
I was so stressed about my finals I forgot to eat. The caffeine kept me awake and bam, one the last day of the finals I land in the er. It just happened so quickly. I'm so tired. It's almost midnight but it hurts too much to sleep. :(

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thanks guys! I'm feeling pangs of chest pain and heart palpitations but that's just the caffeine (getting out of my system) and the potassium is supposed to make my blood pressure go up. I'm getting a pill for the pain in a little while, I'm super tired. I hope my potassium levels are back to normal though. I have another test for that in an hour. All my vitals are normal right now. I'm super tired now.
Get some sleep!
A good rest will do you the world of good.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I was so stressed about my finals I forgot to eat. The caffeine kept me awake and bam, one the last day of the finals I land in the er. It just happened so quickly. I'm so tired. It's almost midnight but it hurts too much to sleep. :(
Check with the doctors and take something for the pain if you can.
We're here. :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Thanks guys! I'm feeling pangs of chest pain and heart palpitations but that's just the caffeine (getting out of my system) and the potassium is supposed to make my blood pressure go up. I'm getting a pill for the pain in a little while, I'm super tired. I hope my potassium levels are back to normal though. I have another test for that in an hour. All my vitals are normal right now. I'm super tired now.
Please tell me I've never Hurd of a TFO member that's normal . :)