COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Good morning all. We're up bright and early again (had to miss Mo's 5000m, but at least he won) to head for Calais where we'll have lunch and then head home (Eurotunnel)

Own bed tonight! Yay! :)
Always nice to get home to your own bed, however much fun you've been having elsewhere.
Safe journey.
Sir Mo was terrific. :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
The TARDIS is not about til Christmas Day, unfortunately.:(
I'm so sorry, Chrissy, how awful.:(
Feel free to express yourself here, hope it helps a little. The Cold Dark Room is a support group among other things.
At least it's near the end of the holidays.
What's done is done (even with the TARDIS, altering history is forbidden), no point crying over spilt milk and all that. I'm sure you'll deal with it.
I don't suppose the police are likely to catch the culprit so (as I'm sure you're doing) it's just a case of cancelling cards, checkbook and the phone etc.
Terrible news.:( Sending sympathy your way and some very nasty and unpleasant vibes in the direction of the perpetrators.
What a shock I got when I read @Prairie Mom 's post! :(

Things are getting worse everywhere it seems. Even here in Jordan, thefts, crimes and the rest have increased, due to unemployment, refugees etc. I do not have enough courage to go out for walks at night any more.:(

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
heard nothing either:(
Afternoon, John!:)
Late today, as the silly computer wouldn't log me on to the net for a couple of hours and is still incredibly slow.
Don't know what's up with the thing.
Zac's coming to play in 20 minutes so I'm racing to catch up before then.
Hope your day's going well.
I miss Lyn.:(

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi! Let's hope all is well and that @Lyn W is having a good time.:D

How are you, Adam, and how's Wifey and what about Tidgy?;)

Here, it's extremely HOT, and CDD (Civil Defence Dept.) has cautioned yet again: "Do not get exposed for too long to the sun." :rolleyes: Personally I have not moved from home till this minute and it's 5.25pm.:(
Lovely and hot here, too.
wifey's fine and just started a lesson.
Tidgy's sulky today, she was up early and didn't eat much which is unusual, she's now sleeping.
I'm annoyed with my computer, still trying to catch up on all my alerts before Zac comes.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
What a shock I got when I read @Prairie Mom 's post! :(

Things are getting worse everywhere it seems. Even here in Jordan, thefts, crimes and the rest have increased, due to unemployment, refugees etc. I do not have enough courage to go out for walks at night any more.:(
Terrible, isn't it ?
I send wifey out at night as often as possible, but it's pretty safe here. ;)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Always nice to get home to your own bed, however much fun you've been having elsewhere.
Safe journey.
Sir Mo was terrific. :)
At home. Car unloaded and everything dumped in the hall. Mug if tea made.

Sad news that our Bristlenose Catfish (Ancistrus) died in our absence. We've had him for 15 years and he had quite a personality and will be missed by all of us in our tropical aquarium. :(

Joe seems absolutely fine though. Spoiled rotten by our neighbour as usual :)

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Care if I whine a bit? I figure it's a good thing to do in the cold and dark...

So...I'm a bit stressed today. I'll admit life is pretty stressful these days period, but I'm trying really hard to make the most of it and give the kids some fun last few days of summer. We've been staying at my parents' house a state away. I took the kids swimming today. I thought it would be safer to keep my purse tucked under the carseat and the doors locked rather than on the towel while I'm away in the water. Well, came back to the van to find mine and three other cars with bashed in windows. My purse is gone. I must not have tucked the handle in well enough or something. I lost the camera (heartbroken about the photos I lost!), cell phone, cards, checkbook, the rest of the my trip money, IDs, everything. It was stupid to have them with me in my purse, but I've been so busy I didn't think to empty out my purse from various summer excursions as I'm out of town and basically lugging my belongings everywhere I go. I have a few little 'ouchies' on my hand from tiny shards of broken glass when I was cleaning off the seats so we could sit down. -An interesting side effect of robbery that I would not have thought of. Seriously wishing I could go back in time!!!!!!!!!!! Where's the tardis when you need it!!?!?!?!?!?
Im so sorry this happened ! Must be very stressful on you. But do try to stay positive ! At least no one was harmed (except your hand ouchies). You are safe and the kids are safe.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Also, my boyfriend was denied the job we thought he got. I guess his background wasnt good. He got a DUI (driving under the influence) 3 years ago. And he postponed going to court and taking care of it until May where he was served 1 year (though he had 10 months suspended). And of course lost his job. So this is where i'm at.
But its okay.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Afternoon, John!:)
Late today, as the silly computer wouldn't log me on to the net for a couple of hours and is still incredibly slow.
Don't know what's up with the thing.
Zac's coming to play in 20 minutes so I'm racing to catch up before then.
Hope your day's going well.
I miss Lyn.:(

afternoon sir :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
At home. Car unloaded and everything dumped in the hall. Mug if tea made.

Sad news that our Bristlenose Catfish (Ancistrus) died in our absence. We've had him for 15 years and he had quite a personality and will be missed by all of us in our tropical aquarium. :(

Joe seems absolutely fine though. Spoiled rotten by our neighbour as usual :)

glad to hear you are home safe and sound:). sorry to hear about ancistrus :(

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Also, my boyfriend was denied the job we thought he got. I guess his background wasnt good. He got a DUI (driving under the influence) 3 years ago. And he postponed going to court and taking care of it until May where he was served 1 year (though he had 10 months suspended). And of course lost his job. So this is where i'm at.
But its okay.

sorry to hear that:(.