COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I couldn't figure out how to translate it, I'm on my phone...
It's super wet here too! On the plus side it means I can't procrastinate and I'm actually getting on with my NVQ!
I just copied one of the posts and pasted it into the Google Translate app that I have installed on my phone. The app has a 'detect language' option so you don't have to know what it is :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
just spent a wee bit of time showing my neighbor/friend how to fix paint... and left machine and materials to do so... as well as work lamp.

reason?

I HAVE USE OF THE GARAGE!!! :D

we even talked about buying, restoration and re sale of cars. he's got a good mechanical understanding and well, then there's me ;)

onwards and upwards:)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Down here in New Orleans, the last 2 weeks in May are when the Formosan termites swarm, and they're going at it now!
The sexually mature males and females leave the nest and fly around to mate, then shed their wings and start a new colony. There are BAZILLIONS of the little critters swarming around at night and they find little nooks and crannies that enable them to get inside your house. They really are not a hazard to most homes because they like WET wood, which we try to avoid by properly grading the land before a house is built, not letting puddles of water stand by the house for weeks, repairing roof leaks promptly etc. In addition, many of us use pest control companies that inspect homes for termites about twice a year. So I'm not worried about our house at all.

But it's just creepy to find unexpected little bugs all over. This one is in the cover we put over food that we microwave. I find shed wings on my pillow and several in the tub. Something was wiggling and buzzing in my HAIR, and I brushed out some termite wings. :eek: Thank goodness it only goes on for about 2 weeks!!!! :p

IMG_6626.JPG